Chapter 11

Chapter 11

*unedited* (as usual)

Mitch's POV

I was currently walking in the hallways of my school looking for Sky. I needed to tell her what I meant at the sleepover before she goes any farther with Yui. I finally spot her filling her water bottle at a fountain and walk over to her.

"Hey Sky?" She turns around and gives me a sad smile once she sees me.

"I'm sorry!"

"About what?" I start to say slowly.

"The whole Yui thing." She says in a 'duh' tone. "My plan totally backfired."

"Oh, it's fine."

"No it's not! Now Yui will never know how you feel."

"Yeah, about that..." I trail off.

"What?" She sounds so innocent when she says that, it's so cute. God I feel like a lovesick puppy.

"I, uh, I'm not that attracted to Yui." I say while making weird gestures with my hands.

"Meaning?"

"I lied about liking Yui, in that way."

She stays quiet for a moment before yelling out, "What?!"

"But you, you said, ugh!" She starts talking in fragments, "Why?!"

"I was feeling pressured." I say trying to calm her down.

"Wha- wait, if you don't like anyone why'd you say you did?"

"Well I do like someone, it's just not Yui."

"Then why'd you say Yui?" She snaps out, I can tell she's getting annoyed.

"I didn't I said yo-" I suddenly stop mid sentence. Was I really going to tell her how I feel in the middle of the hallway? No. I want it to be special. Wait, if I tell her now maybe she won't switch schools. Doubt it. I remember what happened last time when someone her he liked her.

(Flashback)

Sky and I were sitting outside on the side of the sandbox during recess. Derek didn't get to go outside because he was shooting spit balls at the girl who sat in front of him. Apparently she called him stupid and he was getting back at her. We were in the fourth grade at the time and I just started liking Sky. While drawing pictures in the sand, another boy from our class came over, Malcolm. He had thick glasses and braces, with short blonde hair. He stood over Sky until she looked up.

"Um, hi." She said.

"I-I l-like you!" His face was bright red from embarrassment.

"... As a friend?" Even after five years Sky still can't tell if someone likes her as a friend or in a romantic way.

"N-No! I like-like you!"

Sky just blinked her eyes multiple times before saying, "Oh."

"Willyoubemygirlfriend!?" He rushes all of his words into one breath. I could feel the anger welling up inside of me. I wanted Sky for myself.

"What?" Sky says cluelessly.

"W-Will you b-be my g-girlfriend?" He says slower and patchier.

"...." She's silent for about a minute, but Malcolm looks like he could die any second waiting for the answer.

She opens her mouth then closes it, then opens it again to breathe out. She looks him in the eye and says, "No." Then looks back down to finish her drawing.

Malcolm ran away crying after that.

(End of flashback)

Now he's secluded, I've seen him one or twice in the hallways, he was reading. I don't think Sky notices him very often, he got his braces off and slimmer glasses, his hair also longer and a little darker. Though when Sky walks past him with he looked up to see her and I could see the sadness in his eyes, but when he'd look at me he'd glare. I sort of pitied him, but Sky rejecting him meant I still had a chance.

"Uh, hello?" Sky says snapping her fingers in front of my face, I must have blanked out.

"Huh?"

"Ugh, never mind I've gotta get to class." She starts to walk away but before she gets to far away I call out to her.

When she turns around I say, "Do you like Malcolm?"

"No?" She raises an eyebrow at me. I can tell she doesn't remember him.

"The guy from fourth grade, big glasses, blonde hair, braces. The one you rejected."

"Wait! He goes here?"

"Haha, never mind." I can't help but laugh, she's so blind sometimes.

"Okay then." With that we split off going to class.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Hey, hey, hey! You're probably tired of my apologies but I'm gonna sat it anyway. IT'S LATE AGAIN!!!!!!! SOORRRRYYYYY!!!!!!!! I honestly do not have a reason aside being lazy. I keep putting it off because I procrastinate. Sorry!

Next update: Approx. October 12th

I know it's a while from now but my first quarter is ending and I have projects and tests to do for school. 😕

ArtisticWriter101

P.S. Check out that cool video by AVByte!!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi3aEGo8y-E

P.P.S.

I known it's supposed to go in the video insert section, but it kept saying it was invalid. So put it here.

Bye!!