Chapter 4

Chapter 4 : Exposure

The day went by quickly. The next thing I know is that I'm preparing for the big event at home. I looked at the mirror to see how I look. I'm wearing a royal blue cocktail dress revealing so much skin in my chest. I touched the one thing that's making my outfit not too simple, the necklace my father gave me when I had my 18th birthday.

The person I see in the mirror's reflection looks expensive. Sumisigaw ang pagiging anak ng isang kilalang inhinyero at may-ari ng isa sa pinakamayamang firm sa bansa. I sighed deeply to that thought. When in the mere fact, I'm just some girl trying to maintain a low profile life.

Ngayon ay haharapin ko na ang mga kaibigan at katrabaho ng mga magulang ko. Ngayon ay mapapakilala na ako ni Papa ng mas maayos at hindi tulad ng dati na tango at ngiti lang ang nabibigay ko.

Nakarinig ako ng katok mula sa pintuan at saka iyon bumukas. Halos magningning ang mga mata ni Mama nang makita ako. She went inside and fixed my hair.

"You look beautiful, anak. I'm happy you finally let your Papa's wish come true." She said almost tearing up. Ngumiti ako kay Mama.

"You look beautiful as well, Mama." I replied. Yinakap niya ako mula sa likod at saka hinalikan sa pisngi. I smiled more to her gesture.

Kinakabahan akong lumabas ng kwarto. Hawak ni Mama ang kamay ko habang pinipisil. I looked at her and she smiled.

"You can do this." She said, lifting my spirit up.

I have this connection with my parents that they knew instantly how I feel. I am their only daughter and I know how much they cherish me to the point that they're letting me do whatever I want. Some says I'm a spoiled brat but I don't agree. Aside from getting what I want, they teach me lessons that will be stuck in my mind for a good behavior and they do what's best in raising a child like me.

Sabay kaming bumaba ni Mama sa hagdanan. I immediately noticed that our home is not designed or whatever. There's just a little music and something to soothe our stomach. Nakuha namin ang atensyon ng marami. The visitors are screaming of power and class. They made sure that each of their presence are felt.

Papa fetched us at the end of the staircase. He kissed my Mama and hugged me.

"Happy Birthday, Papa.." I whispered.

"This is the most memorable birthday, Celine. Thank you." He replied and finished the hug. I smiled at him and put my hand on his arm. My Mama did the same.

Pumunta kami sa isang grupo ng kilalang mga businessman. Isa isa iyong pinakilala sa akin. They are the reigning Presidents of different companies. Napalunok ako dahil sa pagharap ko sa mga matataas at nirerespetong tao.

"Call me Mylo.." The one holding a glass of champagne said. He smiled sweetly at me.

Have I heard that name before?

"Call me Pia, then." I said and a faint smile rose on my lips.

Papa is bragging about me for a few minutes when he stopped and glanced to the man walking towards us. And with that, I felt stiff. It felt like roots climbed to my feet and locked it to the ground. I forgot that he's partners with my father.

"Now, there's my man." Papa said, dropping the formality. His unpredictable eyes darted on me and remained for a while.

"Zachary!" Papa added. His gaze went to my father and they hugged.

They are really close. How come I do not know of him before? Kumalas si Zack at saka tinapik ang balikat ni Papa.

"Lovely evening, tito. Happy Birthday!" He said and raised his glass of champaigne.