Chapter 21

Nandini's POV

It took me almost a week to meet Manik ,as I was so busy with my family and they were not letting me out of thier site.It was indeed longest week for me.Manik called relentlessly and insisted he would come to my house.But I denied saying my family are not aware of our latest relationship status and I still needed time to get this around my head.

Finally we were meeting today in the evening.The moment I saw Manik's car I strode faster towards him.As I slid into the car, Manik's stubbled cheek brushed against my ear.

" Hel--" 
He caught my lips into his.My lips rested gently between them stirring major butterflies in my tummy.He sucked the sensitive skin into his mouth ,slowly running his warm tongue along the plump flesh.My eyes remained closed.Manik smiled against my mouth ,releasing his hold on my lips and I sighed opening my eyes.He smiled again and moved away putting life into the engine.
" Hi " I managed to say.
" Hi" His voice dropped an octave ,heavy with innuendo.
The smirk on his face made me grin.

We drove all the way into the town without any conversation.Every time I snuck a glance his way ,he smiled making his eyes more intense.He looked incredible in his white shirt and blue jeans. I suddenly ran my tongue over my parched lips ,and when I peeked at Manik he winked.Oh God he knew exactly what he did to me.I have never in my life felt so attracted to anyone.I felt happy.

We soon reached the beach and we enjoyed all the beach side junk food savoring anything and everything.After few more hours of stalling we decided to go to a quiet place and spend more time with each other.Time sure flies fast and we were not ready to call it for the day.

The park was so huge and the crowd was less so that made us easy to get a place to sit on lush grass and nobody was there.Tranquil and quiet ,it felt as if we were away from the city, but rather beautiful landscaped garden on private property.Suddenly he kissed me ,as I was drowning in the kiss I stopped him "Public place ",He smiled and I moved my head back,despite my declaration he kissed my cheek ,his tongue gliding along my jaw.Sweet kisses dropped in its wake.Manik's warm breath brushed my ear.
" I could get used to this " 

" Umm ,me too " I whispered.
After spending some more time talking anything and everything under the sun we had to get back as it was already late.

Next day I decided to come clean with my family because Manik wasn't happy with sneaking out.Though I was still skeptical ,I had to give in.

When we all were at the table during breakfast excluding Naina and my brothers I made up my mind to tell them everything, hoping that I could put everything behind me and the stress would dissipate.Once we were done with breakfast I asked them to gather in the living room as I had something to say.My parents and Amms were curious.I wiped my clammy hands on my Jean clad thighs to kick off my nervousness.

" I want to tell you all about my Gurukul stay and the recent developments in my life ..." I started and thankfully they all listened quietly.I told them everything and about the mix up and me pretending to be a boy and sharing a room with Manik.I also told them how I and Manik were together now.Once I was done I peeked at them finding them speechless.My dad stood up and started walking around making me super duper nervous ,nobody said anything.

"Nandu ,we did not think you are so grown up to take decisions which are not so mature.I did not expect this from you.I condemn this act as it's against the law fabricating the truth and pretending to be someone else" My dad said in a very deep voice causing me shivers all throughout.I was a gone case now .Tears started welling in my eyes.

" I am really sorry dad ,I was scared that if I come back I wouldn't be able to prove myself,I wouldn't have felt so accomplished.I want to do something different for the kids in need.I am not that good with teaching in terms of education but I would love to teach them theater. I know I had different dreams when I joined the school,but I realized it's not for someone like me I have grown up struggling for nothing,you all have given me everything I have wished for.That world is different,but I would love to put my learning into good use.All I wanted was some guidance trust me I have learnt so much in a year.I never thought I would even do it in the beginning ,but I love you all so much I wanted you all feel proud when my play is being played in theaters.Please forgive me."I started sobbing endlessly.My mom and Amms hugged me and tried to console me.But I was crying insanely.It was a major meltdown.After some time when I was little ok my dad came and hugged me." I am sorry if I was harsh but being in law enforcement that was my instant reaction.But we need to fix this and I have to talk to the dean.Dont worry I haven't told you but he is my childhood friend and no it wasn't because of me you were shortlisted ,he doesn't even know about you." My dad kissed my forehead and called his friend .He went to his room for privacy.

After talking to him for sometime my dad came out and looked at me with a serious expression.I was really scared now.
Amms and Mom were beside me, holding me.

" Well I talked to my friend, he said your certificate will be revoked and your registration will be considered void ,otherwise no legal action will be taken because you are my daughter," I ran towards him and hugged him tightly " Thank you dad ,thank you so much,I will never do anything like this ever again,Thank you again" I kissed my dad's cheeks.

" He actually had a good laugh thinking how you were able to fool them for a year.He infact said he will see that no such admission blunders will happen again." My dad chuckled.

Aiyappa I was forever indebted to you .Thank you Aiyappa.

" And about this guy call him for dinner today,lets see how good he is for my angel." saying that he left for his work.

Mom and Amms hugged me and lightly scolded me for being so reckless and they said they already liked Manik making me blush.I couldn't wait to tell all this to Manik.