His Cruelty: Encounter One - A New Home

The first chapter! Wahay!! I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the book reaching the 300's in the werewolf catergory ! Thank you all so much! 

Here will be the first chapter! I hope you all enjoy, please comment below or click the button on the right to vote!

...

...

...

Flying through the woods, the chanting of the humans behind cause my heart to beat faster. Woods are no longer safe now, they wait and lay traps. The woods were our home, our land but now, even our home is used against us. 

“That thing’s leg was caught in a trap! It won’t be running far!” Hearing them chase even closer, I look up to see the moon covered by the heavy clouds. Tonight is the full moon, if only the moon wasn’t covered the moonlight could boost my vitality and perhaps I could outrun these humans. Leaping through broken branches and smaller obstacles, I hear a howl form the south, a howl from the north. 

“They’re in a group!” - “What shall we do?!” 

The howls seem the same to humans but to a wolf a howl can carry many messages. Listening carefully I decode the howls. 

“Go towards the North East direction, we’re leaving this land as soon as dawn breaks”

Why do we have to move? Why are we constantly hiding away from humans? With a growl I glance backwards to see the flickering lights highlighting the presence of those filthy humans. With another howl, they call for me to hurry - unable to do anything I continued forward. 

“Do you have any idea if we hadn’t had mapped out the woods, you could’ve been dead?!” Yelling at me my head faced the floor - “Darling, don’t shout at her, she’s still young” My mother try to help me but my father refused to be sweet talked. 

“Young isn’ t a excuse!” 

“Darling!” Pushing him away my jaws clench along with my fists.

“She’s always so hardheaded, she doesn’t understand how dangerous it is out there.” Continuing with his scolding, I pluck up the courage to retaliate. 

“Why are we always the one who is running away, why can’t we fight back?!” 

“Lucille!” My mother warn but my father and I already locked into a staring contest. 

All our lives we’ve been running and living like scavengers, why must we submit to the fact they can kill us? Why are we letting those humans hunt our heads like a trophy? 

“Lucille, go to your room!” Breaking the eye contact, I listen to my mother before making my way to the stairs. As I head up the stairs I could hear my father and mother secretly crying with gentle sobs escaping. How many times have I heard them cry behind my back? I hated this feeling and running up the stairs and into my room, I bury my head and body under my duvet. Within seconds, I cry myself eventually falling asleep. 

All packed up, we decide to leave this place in our human form. After last night they would be lingering around the woods, the safest way is to act normal. “Lucille, you don’t have a lot… are you sure you want to leave your stuff behind?” - “We didn’t have much in the beginning” I snapped before jumping into the car. 

As we left the town, my mum and dad both sigh. “We managed to stay in this place for a long time. Hasn’t it been 5 years?” Trying to start a conversation to break the silence between us all my mother glance at me.