Please, picture me, in the trees....

Mors irrumat omnia.
Death fucks all.

LEIGH BARDUGO

How does a child soldier stop being a soldier and start being a child?

               To that, Oriana Cho didn't have the answer. Born with the taste of war on her lips and the song of battle in her ears, Oriana was always caught up in a battle cry. She could hear it wherever she went, moored by the sounds of bloodshed and warfare. Because the children of Muses were always followed by tragedy. And Oriana Cho had it deathly written on her skin, flowing in her blood like rotten ichor.

               A war changes you, warps your reflection in the mirror, and shifts the edges of the glass — turning you into something monstrous. Darkness lurking behind those soulless eyes. A war turns children into weapon, to wield and to be wielded. When one fell, another was quick to replace. They were nothing more than pawns, the next more sacrifical than the last. A long line of dead bodies marked the path to victory and Oriana Cho could only wish she was one of them. Instead, it was her brother that was taken.

               Nothing is ever justified in the war. Or perhaps, everything was.

               The song would begin to follow her then, a discordant tune that drove mortals mad with sorrow and with pain. Oriana held the song close to her chest, a deadly symphony that begged to be sung from her lips. But she had vowed not to whisper a tune or to carry a note. The only thing left of her music were in the memories. But each one was tainted by the glimpse of a ghost. ("Muses are ever so fickle," they would whisper. "Their children even more. Only a song could make a kingdom fall.")

               But the strings of fate were not yet untied and the beginning notes of this tuneless song were only lifting. In the wake of a missing demigod, Oriana is pulled into the path of another: one who is lost in a world that isn't his, replacing a space that was left behind.

               The lifelines were starting to bind. It was starting. It was starting.

.....ORIANA CHO
Daughter of Melpomene / Daughter of Tragedy

ORIANA CHODaughter of Melpomene / Daughter of Tragedy

.......JASON GRACE
Son of Zeus (??) / Son of the Skies

JASON GRACESon of Zeus (??) / Son of the Skies

INCLUDING:

INCLUDING:

Annabeth Chase. DAUGHTER OF ATHENA
Piper Mclean. DAUGHTER OF APHRODITE
Leo Valdez. SON OF HEPHAESTUS
Percy Jackson. SON OF POSEIDON
Daniel Delgado SON OF APOLLO
Eri Vance. DAUGHTER OF HERMES

                 DAUGHTER OF HERMES

note.           so, this girly over here is one of the first fics that i published on this app and one of the longest that i wrote. it used to be called golden. but !! i unpublished it a few months ago bc i was very unsatisfied w where it was going and i knew that i could make it a little better too.

NOW !! i'm vv excited w this bc oriana has always been a favorite of mine & i love her to death SO — yeah. she is a daughter of one of the nine muses, specifically melpomene who was the muse of tragedy. and i'm going to be mentioning the myth of orpheus A LOT in this book bc in some versions, orpheus was also a son of a muse. (actually, in the broadway musical, hadestown, orpheus is canonically a muse's son) so, oriana is going to be a little bit intertwined w that myth. you'll see where i'm going w that soon lol

& also this is going to be connected w my other fic, art of the con, which will be published soon and my oc named eri vance is going to be the star there!!

without any further ado, welcome to this fic and i hope that you enjoy reading <3