Book 1 ~ Chapter 13

Start from the beginning

"It's a nice offer, Mako, but I need to speak with this person alone about something important," I lied. I wanted to ask Iroh about the Fire Nation, and just made an excuse so I didn't have to have lunch with them.

"Oh, alright, then, next time, see you later," Mako said as he made his way to the car.

How awkward was that.

I started walking down the road and went to a nearby fire nation style restaurant. I entered the restaurant and looked around. I saw Iroh eating noodles at the end of the room. I made my way over to him.

"Iroh!" I called. He looked at me, stood up and gave me a warm embrace.

"I've missed you, Lei. So has my mom, and grandfather," Iroh said as we both sat down.

"Tell them I miss them too," Iroh nodded.

"How's life in Republic City? I heard you're watching the Avatar," Iroh said.

"Yeah, it's fun, and a big responsibility," I said.

"Good. You deserve this after everything happened to you, and how hard you've worked," Iroh said. I smiled.

"So, have you settled down yet?" Iroh asked, I raised my eyebrow in confusion.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Have you got a boyfriend," Iroh continued.

"What? No! I don't like anyone," I exclaimed. Iroh sighed.

"Lei, you need to get over Chang, it's been so long," Iroh said softly. My heart broke at that name.

Chang.

Chang was my first love. I fell in love with him ever since I was young. But, he died after an attack on the palace.

"I just don't like anyone yet, okay," I said softly.

"Sorry," Iroh said.

"It's okay," I said.

After the lunch with Iroh, I just kept walking around the streets of Republic City. Thinking about Mako, and Chang.

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
MAKOs POV

I was cooking some early dinner for me and Bolin in our apartment while Bolin was giving Pabu a bath. I couldn't stop thinking about Lei. She had a date? I didn't think she was a dating type of person. She always keeps things to herself, unless they're her closest friends. I sighed and continued cooking.

"What do you think of Korra? In like a girlfriend way," Bolin suddenly asked. I widened my eyes at the question.

"Well, I think she's great, but I think it makes more sense for me to go for Asami," I said.

"I was talking about a girlfriend for me, leave some ladies for the rest of us," Bolin said pointedly.

"I know, that's what I thought you meant," I said.

"How about Lei?" Bolin asked.

"Lei is a great too but I don't know, Bolin, it doesn't seem like the smartest idea for you to date Korra," I said.

"You just said she was great, two seconds ago," Bolin said.

"Yeah, Korra's a great athlete and an Avatar but I don't know if she's really girlfriend material. She's more like a pal," I said truthfully.

"Bro, you're nuts, Korra and I are perfect for each other. I'm strong, she's strong. I'm fun, she's fun. She's beautiful, and I'm gorgeous," Bolin said excitedly.

"I don't care what you think, I'm gonna ask Korra out," Bolin said. I sighed.

"Look, its just not smart to date a teammate especially since we have a match coming up. Keep your heads out of the clouds and your priorities straight," I said.

"What about Lei? She isn't technically our teammate in matches," Bolin said. I sighed heavily.

"She's as much of a teammate as Korra is," I said pointedly.

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
AUTHORs NOTE:
This chapter was edited but nothing from the storyline has been changed.