Mihael is going to be at the meeting, but he's gonna hide with us because he was technically supposed to die, but didn't, and that means that he isn't meant to be at the meeting.

So, interference with the plot is bad, and he's gonna hide UNTIL THE BIG REVEAL WHERE WE GIVE LIGHT A TASTE OF HIS OWN MEDICINE AND HE GETS A HEART ATTACK FROM SEEING US ALL ALIVE, MUAHHAHAHA!

Nate is speaking to L.

"If we don't all die, you, Mihael and Freya can come out of your hiding place," he says, seemingly distracted by his tower of bricks.

"And where will we hide?" L asks in monotone.

"The staircase. In the dark. There are crates and pieces of metal you could hide behind..."

I am appalled. "WILL THERE BE SPIDERS?"

"Yes," L says with a creepy smirk.

Nate also smirks creepily.

Mihael looks possessed.

Help me why did I associate myself with these mental geniuses.

"Chocolate?"

"Yes, please."

We all eat food.

Nate stands up.

Wow, that's gotta be the first time he's stood up in about 12 hours.

"I'll contact the taskforce," he says.

"Ok."

He contacts the taskforce.

"Good morning."

"Morning!" says Matsuda.

Everyone else just says nothing.

Matsuda, I miss you!

They check that Misa has actually been released and then call Mogi for a secret pin.

"Near, I've got the notebook right here and I'll take it along with me," says Aizawa.

"Oh, L, are you sure about Mr. Aizawa handling the notebook?"

Light plays along. "I've decided that Aizawa would be the best choice for you."

"Thank you," says Nate, "see you at the warehouse then."

It's funny how Light thinks everything is gonna go his way.

I sure hope it doesn't... I can't help but remember what happened to Naomi last time I got too confident.

I can't lose now, there's too much at stake.

Death Note must conclude today.

Someone is at the door.

"Watari?" L sort of exclaims but doesn't really because it's just monotonous.

"Hello, you two! I'll be babysitting," says Watari.

"Man, thanks Watari, you're a kind old man." I shake my head, smiling.

We chat about our parenting struggles.

"Ah, well, L was never a good sleeper. I'd find him in the fridge at midnight devouring what remained of pudding." Watari chuckled heartily.

"What were you doing in the kitchen at midnight, Watari?" I puzzle, but Watari doesn't reply.

Maybe he was also hungry.

Guilty conscience.

—this is where i picked up from last year—