65. The 20's is the worst decade for vampires

Start from the beginning

- So I take it Rebekah got the stake? questions, Damon with an annoyed tone.

- I don't know. I woke up alone. There's no sign of it, I answer, still lying to him. Just like a professional...

- Lovely, replies, Damon with sarcasm. What now?

- Well I think I need to get out of town. Somewhere secluded. I keep blacking out which means I'm still a threat to everyone, I respond to Stefan's brother, still lying and using a convincible voice as I look around the room. I don't want anyone to surprise me.

- I don't know if right now is the best time for you to be going on a spirit quest, Ric, he tells me with an annoyed and almost upset tone.

- It's just for a couple of days. I'm stocked up on Bonnie's herbs, so I should be fine. I gotta go, I keep lying to the vampire before hanging up quickly. I sigh when I hear someone entering the room I am in. Rebekah... Or should I say Esther walks in, holding a dagger in her right hand and a glass bottle of white oak ash in her left one.

- Quite the cunning liar, tells me, the Original while smirking.

- Well Damon is too arrogant to think his only friend would betray him, I reply, smirking back as I approach the woman.

- Just as Niklaus would blindly accept an invitation from his beloved sister, unaware that he is heading to his own death, explains me, Esther while dipping the silver dagger in the glass bottle of white oak ash. I nod before frowning confused.

- Did you give him the stake? I ask her.

- He burned it without hesitation, responds, the Original.

- So where's the real one?

- You'll get it when it can no longer be used against me in this body, she informs me while walking towards me. The possessed Original opens the coffin next to us, revealing a woman's body. That must be hers...

- So how do you...

- How do I return to my true form? With a little magic and some help from a vampire hunter, answers, the woman before handing me the stake she just dipped in the white oak ash. I look at the object before taking it. I swirl the stake in my hand before stabbing Rebekah in the heart without remorse. She gasps, her skin turning greyish covered of thick and dark veins before collapsing on the floor. I stare at the woman's body in the coffin when she suddenly wakes up from the dead, gasping.

Elena's P.O.V.

- So, Alaric is trying to pull himself together, why is that a bad thing? asks me, Care as the two of us are entering the gym hall which is being decorated for the 20's Decade Dance. People are working around, helping as much as they can. My blonde vampire friend has a clipboard and is in charge of the preparations as Rebekah is apparently missing. I'm still confused on how Rebekah managed to organize this without Care noticing.

- I just... I wish there was something I could do, I reply, shaking my head when I remark a chandelier on a table. I pick it up to show it to her. Where do you want me to hang this thing? I ask her, frowning confused and also by the atrocity of that thing.

- You know what, if Rebekah wanted to hang this monstrousity she should have shown up to do it herself, replies, Care, talking with annoyment and an upset tone against the Original vampire. She takes it from my hand and turns around to give it to a girl passing by. Just no! she tells her as the girl takes it before walking away with the chandelier. What are you doing? I hear Caroline saying to someone with confusion and annoyment. I look up and remark Matt and my brother hanging up stars at the ceiling. You can't just hang them! They're supposed to trickle down, she corrects them.