4

Melo POV

My alarm goes off at 11 in the morning. Today was my debut, the game starts at 4. Coach JJ walks in the house waking everybody up so we could head over to the gym and have a light practice. I go to my bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. I get dressed in my practice clothes and throw on a jacket. "Y'all make sure y'all get some breakfast man" JJ says to us.

The practice was real light. We went over a few plays. Did a couple scrimmages. Then just some last minute tweaking.

Brandi POV

"Bzzzzzzz" I was snapped out of my sleep by my vibrating phone on the nightstand. I check to see what notifications I was receiving. It was a text from Kaí.

It's game day bitch!!! Get up and go support your man

Bitch you is silly. The game not until 4 and please he's not my man.

Right sorry 🤦🏾‍♀️ soon to be man.

Goodbye Kaí😂

The time did say 12 so I decided I might as well get up now. I get up from bed and go to turn on the shower and get in.

Getting out the shower I do my routine to get my curls popping. The outfit I had today was a military green two piece cargo fit. It was something cute and still very fashionable.

The time now read 3:20 and I was on my way out to my Uber for Lamelo's game

The time now read 3:20 and I was on my way out to my Uber for Lamelo's game. The location of the gym said about a 15 minute drive, so I still had time to catch the warmups.

When I get in the Uber I ask if I could plug up my phone to the aux cord. The driver was cool and let me so I put on REM by Ariana Grande. I sing along as the driver pulls off.

When I walk in the gym it was packed like crazy. I guess my early wasn't early enough. While I'm looking for a seat I see my phone flash go off. It was Gelo texting me.

Look to yo right.

I don't see nothing 😭

Yo other right  bro🤦🏽‍♂️

I look again and see Lavar, Tina, and Gelo all sitting wit Gelo waiving me over to them. I travel through the crowd of trying to get to them. They had saved me a seat. "Thanks guys I thought I was early" I sat and Lavar responds "hell nah you gotta be here way way early for this. All these parents couldn't wait to see their kids". Tina points to my outfit and smiles "Cute" she says. I sit next to her and give her a hug "thanks" I respond.

Soon after the game was about to begin. The teams were lined up while the national anthem was being performed. Then came the announcement of the players. "Number 1 Lamelo Ball" I scream and cheer as they call Lamelo's number. "That's my bestie" I scream out causing Gelo to laugh.

The game was intense. Not to mention Lavar had the camera crew here for their Ball in the Family show. Every time Melo did something good or bad Lavar was on it. The other teams fans started to chant "overrated" when Melo touched the ball. I watched as Melo came down the court on a two on one far break. He passed it and then his teammates threw it up and Melo dunked it down. The crowd went crazy and Melo just looked the boy up and down disrespectfully.

The game ended and Spire had won. Melo scored 21 points and had 11 assist. I was waiting outside the locker room with the family to congratulate him on his win when he came out. Melo walks in with his jacket and pants on. He smiles at everyone being here. "Hey Dip good game" I say as I give him a hug. "I'm still on yo ass because you didn't get 30" I say only he can hear. We both start laughing.

"Melo good game son that's how you go out there an Ball" Lavar tells Melo as he hugs him. " thanks dad" Melo responds. "Alright but enough of that let's go grab something to eat. We gotta leave tomorrow" Lavar says and we all get inside of the sprinter that he had.
•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

After dinner Melo and I went back to my hotel room to chill before my flight in the morning. Right now we were on the bed laying down.

Brandi: so what happened to 30?

Melo: I tried to be nice and not embarrass them.

Brandi: yeah yeah yeah.

Melos phone flashes and he checks it. I can tell by his face he was frustrated.

Brandi: why you just get the shit face. Who was that?

Melo: Ashely.

Brandi: oh did she come? Is he's here?

Melo: nah she ain't come. She said something about a mandatory meeting.

Brandi: awww that sucks.

Melo: yeah I know. Can't even get no cheeks. I guess ima just stick with the sock.

Brandi: ewww omg Melo.

Melo: I'm joking (Laughs) but ima see her next week.

Brandi: that's good she's coming next week.

Melo: nah I'm coming to Chino. We got a break.

Brandi: OMG! Dip for real?

Melo: yeah.

Brandi: I'm so happy. I can't wait for us to be together in Chino.

Melo: yeah it's gone be lit.

For the rest of the night we just talked until I kicked Melo out so I could get some sleep for my flight in the morning. I make sure my bags are all packed and ready and that I didn't leave anything anywhere. I climb into bed and wrap my scarf before laying down and going to sleep.