Chapter 42 - I'm Sorry

Darkness. That's the first thing I remember. It was dark, it was cold, and I was scared. But then... Then I saw the moon. It was so big, and it was so bright. It seemed to chase the darkness away. And when it did... I wasn't scared anymore’

"I can't believe you're making me watch this." Scotty whined

"It's a cute movie. And the sand man is adorable."

"It’s called 'Rise of the Guardians' and it’s for five year olds."

"It's an awesome movie and it’s for all ages. Don't mock what you haven't seen." I said as I threw a piece of popcorn at him. It hit him right in the centre of his forehead and bounced off onto the floor. He glared and I grinned. "I watched it with Stiles the other day and he loved it so you will too."

"He said he hated it."

"Oh please. He balled his eyes out. I actually had to make him a hot chocolate."

Scott chuckled. "Well I'm not going to."

45 minutes later Scott was sniffling and I was soothing him and patting down his hair.

"They can't kill the sandman." He muttered.

"I know sweetie. I know. The world is cruel place. Would you like me to make you a hot chocolate?" He gave a brief nod and I got up to make it.

***

My eyes flew open and connected with Scott's as he held my hand.

"You cried when Sandy died." I whispered.

He smiled, "It was the first memory that came to mind." He whispered back.

I slowly sat up and gave him a confused look. "Where am I? What happened? And what do you mean memory. I don't understand... I died... Kira..."

"Stabbed you with her sword which was laced with wolfs bane. Now that you’re a hybrid it won't kill you, but it slows everything down including healing. You passed out… you didn't die but we had to get you back to Deaton before you started healing otherwise you could have gone evil on us again."

"He did it didn't he?" I asked referring to connecting my soul to someone.

Scott nodded. "I had to choose a memory. With just the two of us and that movie night came to mind. It was just before I was bitten so it was..."

"Peaceful." I finished for him and he nodded.

"You saw it?"

"I dreamt it."

"I guess we are connected then." He said and I laughed a little.

"What?"

"You're stuck with me. No matter where you go. There's no escape." I joked.

He chucked "I could do worse. So could you. Peter volunteered." I laughed.

"Where is everyone?"

"Peter, Derek, Stiles and Deaton are in the other room... Everyone else is... well… Kira’s comforting Lydia. I have no idea where Ethan is and Isaac… Isaac went with Argent somewhere. He was pissed at me for not telling him the plan, but I couldn’t. I have to honest, there was a chance it wouldn’t work, that…”

“It would actually kill me.” He nodded.

“If Isaac knew that, he would have stopped us, but it was the only way.” I nodded. “I also think he left because he didn’t want to face you. He hasn’t really been the same since…”

“I hit him with my alarm clock?” Scott gave a small smile.

“He didn’t say anything, we have no idea what happened, but whatever did…”