Chapter 20 - Electrified

We pulled up outside the sub-station. Stiles and Lydia in the jeep, me in my car and Scott on his bike.

“Okay, wait here, just wait for the cops to come.” Stiles said to Lydia.

“Me, why?” Lydia asked.

“I only have one bat.” Stiles said, holding up his upgraded aluminium bat from the wooden one he broke over the twins head last month. He then took off behind me and Scott.

We ran into the station. Scott and I were first to find Kira, tied to a fence inside. “Scott! Anna! No! Look out!” She yelled as we ran towards her. Barrow came up beside us holding a huge cut electrical wire that had sparks flying out the end. He hit Scott across the stomach and the sheer impact of the volts sent him flying meters away. He was still conscious, but shaking from the electricity. Barrow turned to me and lunged with the wire. I dodged the first one, but for a human this guy was quick and it only took one touch to send the volts through my body. Which is what happened the second time and lunged and I crumbled to the ground in pain, my body shaking just like Scott. He then turned to face Kira.

“Don’t. She’s not the one you want.” Scott said to him in a pain filled voice, still from his position on the ground. Barrow ignored him and started towards Kira again. He crouched down in front of her and held up the wire. I tried to move, but my body wouldn’t let me. Electricity didn’t agree with werewolves and apparently not with hybrid werewolf/Nix’s either. Barrow edged slowly towards her and just as he touched her, at least I thought he made contact, sparks flew out of the end of the wire and engulfed the entire room, spreading through the metal fencing and sending Barrow flying backwards.

I wish I could say it was an electrical malfunction, but it didn’t look like it. It especially didn’t look like it when Kira emerged from blindingly bright lights absorbing the electricity through her hands.

Scott and I exchanged confused looks and then returned our gazes back to Kira who looked shocked and paralysed by what she’d done.

“What the…” I couldn’t even finish my sentence. I think it was safe to say that this was the first time Scott and I had seen anything like this. That’s when we heard the sirens from the police cars. Stiles had rang his dad earlier. “Oh god.” I forced myself to stand up, slowly healing, and walked over to Scott. He was looked better as well, but I was healing faster. “Scotty grab my waste. We have to get you up.” He did as he was told and slowly stood up with most of his weight on me.

“Are you okay? How are you walking? You should both be dead.” Kira said, panicking as she ran up to us.

“So should you.” I stated.

“Guys!” Stiles yelled, finally catching up to us. I was glad he wasn’t here with Barrow, if he had been hit he probably would have died. “What happened? What did I miss? My dad is here with a few other deputies. Is he dead?” Stiles asked, looking at Barrow.

“Yes.” I didn’t need to check for a pulse. I couldn’t hear his heartbeat.

“Stiles!” The Sheriff’s voice echoed through the building as he ran into the room we were in followed by his men.

“I’m okay dad.” Stiles reassured him as he came up to us.

“What happened? The entire town is blacked out.” His gaze fell on the psychotic dead man behind us and then he looked back up. Looking each of us in the eye. We all exchanged a glance not knowing how to explain this to the police.

Short chapter i know, but i wanted to finish this episode. It was a really annoying one to write for some reason.