Chapter 12 - Werewolf With OCD

I was sitting on the couch with Buster’s head resting in my lap flicking through some channels on TV when Stiles came through the door.

“Did you use all the hot water?” he said straight away.

“It was still warm when I go out.” I teased. “How did it go?”

“Well, dad took Malia to Mr Tate and they both broke down in tears. Nothing out of the ordinary. However I can read again.” He added on the end.

I jumped up off the couch. “What? That’s great! Maybe the effects are wearing off?”

“I don’t think so. I think it was just because I saved Lydia from one of those traps…”

“You were focused.” I finished for him. I knew the feeling. It was like when I was focussed I didn’t feel the darkness. “Well I guess baby steps. Go have a shower. There should be enough hot water for maybe… 3 minutes.” I smirked. “I’m going to bed, I was just waiting until you got back.”

“Alright. I’ll see you tomorrow.” He said.

I went up to me room a fell onto my bed. After five minutes I decided I wasn’t tired and grabbed out a book. I was lying on my bed flicking through pages of one of my mythology book until I came across the page titled 'Nix'.

It was a new book so I hadn't read their ‘views’ yet. It was all pretty much the same as what I had read in my other 6 books until I came across one key word. Something that was mentioned in all of them, but I only just remembered now as I read it.

"Oh no. No, no, no, come on!"

"Anna? What's up?" Stiles asked, poking his head into my room. He had apparently been trying to sneak the carton of milk into his room.

"Oh nothing, just supernatural crap. I’ll be back in like an hour okay?" I said jumping up and running out my door.

"Hang on! What did you read?"

"Apparently I'm immortal!" I yelled back as a sprinted out the door and into my car. I called Buster and he ran and jumped in. I thought he could use a trip out.

I found my way to Peter’s loft and used the spare key under the mat to unlock the door.

When I entered I noticed some weird classical music playing and when I turned the corner into the kitchen I found Peter with his back turned to me doing the dishes with pink dish washing gloves. It took him a second to realize I was there, but when he turned around I couldn't stop smiling.

"What?"

"You know you have a dishwasher right?" I said.

"Most women appreciate a man who does the washing up."

"True, but when you have the machine it's a waste of time because you could be doing something else while they wash. Not that you have anything else to do, this apartment is spotless. You’re like a werewolf with OCD." I said picking up an apple from the fruit bowl in front of me "Is this plastic?" I asked trying to hold back a laugh. Peter grabbed it and put it back in the exact spot it was before, still wearing the gloves which I glared at.

"What? Pink is the standard colour for these things."

"So is yellow. And you can get them in green and blue, I've even seen them in red."

"Okay. Why have you broken into my apartment this time? And why is that thing with you?" he asked pointing to Buster he sat, wagging his tail and barking at Peter.

"I didn't break in I used the key, and deep down I know you think he’s adorable." I replied, giving Buster a pat which made him wag his tail even more before jumping up on the couch. Peter glared at him, but didn’t say anything about it.