Scott and Derek exchanged a look. "Who? Who's going to get her, Brooke?" the younger werewolf asked.

Her eyes never left Stiles. "I don't know."

******

The following day at school went by so slowly it made Stiles want to scream. Lydia was still missing and Brooke had stayed home that day, her dad wanting her to recover before returning to classes.

After Derek brought Brooke to the Hale house, Stiles had driven her to her house and called his Dad. The sheriff arrived quickly and questioned the blonde girl, but after seeing how tired she was left soon after. Stiles spent the entire day texting Brooke but didn't receive any responses.

At the end of the school day, Stiles walked back towards Harris' chemistry room with a frown on his face. The frown was partially caused by the detention he had received, and partially caused by the unanswered text messages he had sent to Brooke throughout the day.

Scott looked at his friend in pity as he opened his messages to try and text her again. Scott put his hand over the phone and gave Stiles a look. "Dude, let her be. She's probably been sleeping all day."

Stiles looked at Scott with a pathetic look. "I know that, I just..."

"You're worried about her," Scott finished for him. Stiles nodded.

"It's just..." Stiles trailed off, looking for the right words. "I feel like we just got her on our side. I don't want this to change that."

"I doubt it will, Stiles," Scott answered. "See you at the funeral?"

Stiles nodded and made his way into the empty classroom, eyes narrowing at the sight of his chemistry teacher. Harris motioned for him to take a seat, so Stiles dramatically threw himself into a chair and stared out the large windows with a pout on his face.

The following sixty minutes passed by unbearably slowly for Stiles. At one point he pulled out his phone to see that Brooke still hadn't texted him back. Screw it, he thought, drafting another message to her.

"Phone away," Harris said without glancing up from the papers he was grading. Stiles let out an exasperated sigh and shoved the phone back in his pocket.

He stared at the clock, urging it to go faster. He felt himself get antsy as it neared towards four o'clock, and as the hour ended, Stiles stood up quickly.

"Sit," Harris lightly commanded him.

"But it's been an hour!"

"My detentions are an hour and a half," Harris answered.

"You can't do that!" Stiles argued, which led to Harris berating him for the next half hour.

As soon as the detention was over, Stiles booked it out of the room before Harris could decide to keep him there longer. His drive to the cemetery was a quick one, and he arrived just as the Argents did.

The clock in his car read 4:43 so he knew he had about fifteen minutes to sneak past all of the reporters and guards. He walked around the cemetery and into the woods, seeing Scott crouch behind a large headstone a couple hundred feet away. His eyebrow furrowed as he spotted a familiar head of blonde hair squatting next to him.

"Brooke?" Stiles asked as he approached the two, crouching down behind the girl in question. "What are you doing here?"

Brooke scoffed. "As if I'd miss this crazy bitch's funeral." She turned towards with raised eyebrows and a small smirk.

"Why didn't you text me back?" Stiles asked before he could stop himself, already cringing at how desperate he sounded.

Brooke lowered her gaze and turned back around. "Um, I was busy," she vaguely answered. Before Stiles could question her further, Scott pushed the three of them back, shielding them from the gaze of Chris Argent.