New Home [1]

A/N: not that it really matters but hi im from Australia and i actually am in foster care and live in a group home so the way i describe foster care kinda reflects on the way I've experienced it so sorry if it doesn't suit the Shazam-style but if you're reading this chapter thank you.  

Today was not going my way at all

Here I am sitting in the office of Lindsay Parker my child safety advisor who was again giving me the whole speech of how it's not my fault and that they were not meant to be bullshit about the hundredth foster family to kick me out for being "too quiet" they're not wrong. 

 I don't talk that much because I don't believe in forming that relationship with a bunch of strangers who feel like fostering to get their good deed out of the way. I know for a fact that I will never find the family I have always wanted but part of me does still hope which is childish.

You see I lost my family when I was young they abandoned me outside of a local convenience store, convenient I know right. just saying that sentence would have made me cry but not anymore I'm not sad that they didn't want me, I'm used to that now but thinking about that just makes me angry about the fact of how could they do that to their child it hurts but I don't let anyone know that.

the chair was getting uncomfortable as I sat here listening to her carrying on about some family willing to take me in and that the list is getting shorter on the families wanting me. i just stare ahead and focus on the ugly reddish coloured walls behind her and the framed photos of success stories that lay spread out across the wall, it brings a headache to my head.

 i just stare ahead and focus on the ugly reddish coloured walls behind her and the framed photos of success stories that lay spread out across the wall, it brings a headache to my head

"Maya we have talked about this you need to show some appreciation for the family's fostering you as without them you would be on the streets and we can't have that can we Maya" 

Lindsay spoke with such audacity lacing her voice.

like honestly how dare she act like i want to be here i didn't ask to be put in the system and shipped off to home after home but as per usual to get through this conversation and process quicker i replied with the saved answers in my head.

"I know and I'm sorry i really do appreciate the family taking me in I'll try to form a relationship with them i swear i will try hard" 

i forced myself to answer swallowing down the real response i wish i could say

As if i was gonna try with the next family that will take me in, it's not like I'm being a brat or anything i just like to stick to myself it's not like it will last before i know it i will be at my new family in no time.

"that's good to hear maya this family is actually a group home so you won't be the only foster kid who knows you might even find some friends there"

yep keep believing that Lindsay 

"yeah maybe" 

this conversation better end soon I'm getting impatient and this chair is about to get a serious beating soon.

Miss Parker escorted me out of this terrifying room and out to the hallway where a couple was standing, im guessing they're the ones running this group home I'm going to.

"Maya this is Rosa and Victor Vasquez they are the couple that is going to be taking you in so please be nice and we will catch up soon sweetie okay" 

I was right.

lindsay you're being fake again your never this nice. i contain the eye roll i want to respond with.

"Hi Maya we get how this can be scary and nerve-racking to be coming into a group home where you don't know anyone trust us we understand see me and victor here were foster kids back in the day so we totally get it" 

Rosa spoke with a tone of understanding and sweetness. it was nice.

I just silently nodded and they could tell i wasn't in the mood to talk as they lead the way to their van. this is gonna be a long ride.

I was correct about the ride it was long and i was dying inside. it was silent but not the type you want to be sitting in for a good 40 minutes.

 Rosa and Victor were nice don't get me wrong but i just know that i won't be here for long they don't want a broken quiet foster kid with no intent of staying so i'm not going to bother with the getting to know each other part I'll save them the time and effort. We pulled up to the driveway of a normal looking house nothing too special but i liked that, the more down to earth they are the easier it is to fit in with them but it's not like i care im not staying.

the walk up to the house was nerve-racking i will never admit this to them but i hate the whole move in "hey i'm new" introduction process. 

Rosa inserted the key into the door and pushed it open......

Here we go i thought

A/N: thank you for reading this chapter and book!! we meet the fam next and Maya and Freddy finally meet.