inside the two boxes were little papers that had quotes id seen posted over fan accounts that shipped us and nicknames that we gave each other on them. not to mention some pictures of us from the years we had known each other.

it was perfect.

i decided to text shane and tell him my plan.

garrett: hey shane! so i decided i'm going to tell andrew 'the secret' i just need you distract him until 5pm if you don't mind!

shane: AAAA i'm so happy for you!! i know he's gotta be in love you so i'm so so excited! of course i'll distract him for you! text me later!

well the deed was done and now everything seems to be working!

as i finished i heard someone walking and i quickly hid it in my closet.

i turned around and ran to my door to see a sleepy andrew smiling at me.

"hey garebear"

"mornin sunshine"

we laughed as i saw that the clock said 9am.

i'd been working for a while and he had been fast asleep.

"so what's your plans for today?" he groggily spoke out

"oh nothing really i was just gonna work on a little project, what about you?"

"nothing, shane texted me an hour ago and said he wanted me to come over and i wanted to know if you'd wanna come."

"oh nahh you go catch up with him ,i'm actually kinda busy after all"
i tried to say that as smooth as possible but i just had a weird voice crack.

"alright gare, i'm heading out in a couple minutes. i'll probably be back around 5! do you want me to grab food when i get home?"

"no actually, i'm gonna cook us some food!!"

"oh fun! just don't burn down the house!"

"i won't ,andrew."

as he headed out the door a few minutes after wards, i watched him drive off and made sure he really left before trying to set up everything.

i took a good look at my backyard and decided that i knew what was best.

i made a trail of candles that i would light before he got home that lead to a small garden area where i laid the box.

•••

as hours passed and i was done decorating  i went inside to cook dinner.

i knew the best thing to cook was nachos and pizza rolls since it was our thing.

we didn't have to be fancy, we just had to be us.

i made the inside look normal but made some signs that said stuff like "open this door!"

i looked at the clock that read 3pm and realized i had to cook fast if i wanted it all done, so i hurried quick and tried to make the food.

when i finally got done making the food it was 4pm already!

i quickly wrote a note to attach the the back porch door for him to read that would explain things without confessing YET.

i ran in the back yard into my lil hiding space and waited for him to arrive.

***********
andrew's pov
-
while i was at shane's all we did was watch netflix,talk, and eat snacks.

i almost fell asleep before i heard shane start speaking to me