Writer Problems

Have you guys ever had an idea for a story but once you tried writing it, you couldn't seem to get anywhere with it.
Right now, I'm obsessed with the Masterpiece Theater miniseries of Les Miserables and had an idea for a PJO one shot based around Les Miserables.
It would be based around the courtship of Marius and Cosette with Percy and Annabeth in the Marius and Cosette roles, though Percy's back story would be like Cosette's and Annabeth's back story would be like Marius's. Sally would have been like Fantine, abandoned by her lover with a child to support. She leaves Percy at an inn run by Gabe, hoping that Gabe would take care of him. She ends up working herself to death trying to keep up with Gabe's increasing demands for money, going so far as selling her hair, teeth, and even her body. Meanwhile, Percy is abused by Gabe and forced to work as a servant until he is rescue by Chiron and given a better life.
Annabeth's father was a Napoleonic War hero who never got on with his royalist father-in-law, Annabeth's grandfather. After Annabeth's mother dies, her grandfather forbids her father from seeing her and she grows up believing her grandfather's lies about him being a scoundrel who deserted her. When her father dies, Annabeth learns the truth him and adopts his Bonapartist political beliefs. This causes a rift between her grandfather, who is a royalist and thinks women shouldn't meddle in politics.
Percy and Annabeth meet the same way Cosette and Marius do. He sees her in the Jardin du Luxembourg (a park in Paris) a number of times before finding a handkerchief he believes that she dropped. With the help of his friend Rachel (playing the Éponine role) he finds out where she lives in order to return the handkerchief.