TWENTY ONE

CHAPTER 21
YOUNG MUTTS

PERCY'S mortality was starting to become more of a problem

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

PERCY'S mortality was starting to become more of a problem. Not only was he talking about it twenty-four seven, but it seemed that it was a permanent thought on Elizabeth's mind as the days went on. The Countess was now questioning Hadley about it on their weekly hunts, bringing it up any chance she got. Hadley wondered why she was so eager to have another one part of the family, but the young vampire wasn't interested in turning him anytime soon, no matter how big of an issue it was.

But eventually, the Countess had gotten to her.

"Haven't you been keeping up with the news lately, dear?" Elizabeth asked, wiping the blood off her lips.

Hadley looked up. The streetlight above their heads flickered in and out. They had managed to find a young couple leaving a movie theater that night, and with a quick quirk of their lips, Elizabeth and Hadley lured them into a dark ally before finally devouring them. Hadley thought the male tasted like M&Ms and buttered popcorn.

After a moment of hesitation, Hadley rubbed at the crimson dotting her chin. She stood up and wiped the dirt off her jeans. "The news is depressing. You're only the second person to ask me this in a month."

"There have been a string of killings scattered across the city. Victims were identified as parents of young children." She grinned, plucking something from her teeth with her long nail. "Coincidentally, these have occurred after the catastrophe that took place at the Marva Jones Middle School. Do you know what that means?"

"No," Hadley snorted, sliding her switchblade into her back pocket.

The Countess rolled her eyes and gestured for her creation to follow. They carefully strode out into the moonlight, which cast a dark shadow behind their figures. "It means we have a pack of young mutts wandering around the city, threatening to expose our kind."

Hadley could only raise a brow.

"A group of wild children, draining their parents of all their blood because they're thirsty." Elizabeth scoffed, and it was the first time Hadley heard her speak of an inflicted child negatively. "I believe my new governess has decided to use her affliction to her own advantage. She turned one of her young patients, and he has now turned the others."

They began to walk through the deserted streets of Los Angeles. Elizabeth wore a silky, black gown, which made her look strange as they headed out of the dark alleyway. The outfit was unlike anything you'd see in this part of town, even though they were only blocks from the Cortez. Her dress dragged against the warm cement, but she still walked with a quick pace, causing Hadley's anxiety to heighten when her mother revealed the news.

"So what do we do?" Hadley's hands began to sweat. She thought of Percy sleeping soundly in their bed right now, and how he would scream if those violent children ever got their hands on him. She'd never let that happen – ever.

LOVER TO LOVER ━ AHS Hotelजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें