ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴀᴛʜᴇɴᴀ

(Y/N)'S POV

It has been a while since I waited outside the hallway in silence, looking at the clouds pass by until I heard the sound of the door automatically open. When turning my head around I saw Mei being the first team member to come out while the others slowly followed out, when greeting Mei, her expression was shown how excited she was with the big smile plastered on her face as her eyes shine and sparkle exactly how Steven would be from discovering and learning amazing things with the crystal gems. As Mei came towards me. Telling the great news.

"(Y/n), you're part of Overwatch now!" Mei smiles with joy.

"That is really great news, I am very thankful to be apart of Overwatch now," I replied back relieved.

When Mei continued to talk to me about how it would be great that I am here to share knowledge of my kind and experience new things. Which I believe Mei and I will become good friends in no time still continuing to talk with Mei. The other members of Overwatch already came out of the room last being Soldier 76 came over to Mei and me asking Mei if he could talk to me alone. Mei accepted Soldier 76's request, leaving me with him alone. Seeing Mei finally left Soldier begins to speak.

"Now (Y/n), I need to address something to you as the rest and myself will be going away for a few months on restoring homes and assisting citizens to find a place to stay. What I need you to do is follow this one simple instruction, do you understand?" Soldier 76 stared into my eyes behind his visor. I waited for a bit to give out my response.

"Yes, I understand Soldier 76." When I gave him my answer he nodded to what I said and continued.

"Good, for your first instruction now is to stay with Athena until we come back and listen to her orders no matter what the situation is, you must follow her command." Soldier 76 voice dropped to a more serious and threatening way that could easily scare a child to death. On the other hand, I am thinking of what he was going to say next while feeling he is hiding something but I have other things to worry about right now. "You must stay here at all cost and I don't care if you get bored you stay here until we come back and if you hear Athena giving out a warning alarm hide."

"Why should I hide? I can capable of defending myself Soldier-" I ask eagerly until being cut off by Mercy.

"Jack, we've got to go now people are waiting for us." Mercy told Soldier 76 urgently.

"I have to go now (Y/n), if you have any questions ask Athena." As Solder 76 said while passing me if he didn't hear what I was about to say. I see him looking back at me when catching up to Mercy. "Just do what you are told." That was all he had to tell me. Leaving me standing in the middle of the hallway, by myself.

Seeing them all leave me behind as I heard the door shut dragging into silence. I did not know what to do, I look around to catch every detail I see if something can stop the dead silence from continuing on further couldn't find anything interesting. Until something clicked in my mind. I almost forgot about Athena. As I leave where I was standing to be closer to the window that displayed the most beautiful sunset I ever have seen.

"Athena?" I asked waiting for her to reply.

"Yes, (Y/n)?" Athena replied.

"Since you're going to be monitoring me, what can I do while they're gone?" I replied still staring out of the window as the sun is going down.