I jumped over a fallen log, missing the fact that another slippery stone was right where my right foot landed. I slipped, my right ankle snapped at the side, my body landed on the rough ground, sprinkled with twigs right on my left elbow. A cry left my lips when my back followed the impact.

Nicholas’ form appeared above me, his right hand raised. I briefly saw that the tips of his nails were about two inches thick and sharp at the ends. His hand came down on my form; trying to avoid it, I rolled onto my right side but I felt his nails dig deep into my flesh. Scraping my skin and tearing my clothes. I screamed, my entire body burning in pain.

I was lying down on the forest ground, completely helpless and bleeding as whimpers left my lips. Nicholas was above me, a grin on his lips. He slowly crouched down, trailing his hand on the exposed part of my skin between the shirt and the waistband of my jeans. Disgust filled my body and I shuddered when the cold air met with the scars on my left side.

“Does it hurt, Jaymes?” he taunted, his finger stopping at the button of my jeans “Are you in pain, Jaymes?” he slapped my left cheek hard, my neck made a light snapping sound at the impact as it twisted to the side. “Now, for that taste” he said, cupping the back of my neck and pushing my head towards his. He crushed his lips onto mine.

I grunted, pushing him away with all my strength, but I was already running out of it. Pain was engulfing my body and I couldn’t do anything about it. I felt so tired, so weak, I just wanted sleep. He opened his mouth, his tongue licking my lips. I bit down on it, hard. A metallic fluid-like taste entered onto my lips. He pulled back with a horror-filled scream, his lip and tongue bleeding. When he looked at me, his eyes hardened with hatred and rage.

Before he could raise his hand to slap me once more, a form jumped onto him from my right, pushing him away from me. An all brown wolf with darker brown streaks; it growled at Nicholas when it had him pinned to the ground, its claws right at his chest, digging into it, it seemed. Nicholas screamed in pain as blood started dripping from his chest. The wolf’s eyes snapped to me, as if telling me to run.

My right hand cupped at the scars on my left rib and I grimaced, but I stood on wobbly legs and on a painful ankle and I ran. Once again, I kept running, running and running. Past trees, rocks, bushes; my body was so tired, so much pain. I was panting hard when I realized I reached a dead end, the spot where Kael had taken us to talk one time. The scene in front of me was beautiful and for a brief second, I lost all thought of pain.

I was so amazed by the scenery that I didn’t register footsteps behind me.

“Hello, Jaymes”

I turned my whole body to my right, where my eyes landed directly on Chad’s form, his right arm outstretched, the gun in his hand pointed at me. From my right I saw Nicholas’ form emerge and then right in front of me was Demetrio. I frowned, that was impossible. What had happened to the wolf, Violet and Harvey, then?

“Don’t, Jaymes!” came a familiar voice

I looked up, but all I saw were trees and the three, glaring at me.

“Jaymes, focus. Focus only on my voice” he said. How I loved his voice