Chapter 12: Red-stained hands

"I had my doubts. I didn't think you'd show up." Sophie says as her and Clem circle the ring. The match just started, and as Minnie and Marlon mentioned, Sophie was already starting her talk. "You sound disappointed," Clem says as she watches Sophie's every move. She watched Sophie from head to toe, trying to be ready for anything. "I see you brought your friends, including my sister," Sophie says as her smile starts to fade. Clem quickly takes a glance at the group to see them watching me and Sophie. Brody looked genuinely nervous, and Marlon and Minnie were just starting at Sophie. "I thought we came here so we could settle this shit." the brunette remarks while refocusing on her opponent.

It only Clem took blink her eyes for a split second, before Sophie's knuckles came in contact with Clementine's right cheek, causing her to fall backwards and stumble. The brunette's eyes went wide, as she took the shock in, as gasps and cheers erupted from the crowd. "Focus Clementine you can do this!" Marlon yelled as the girls followed. Clem recollected herself and got back in the game, her eyes met Sophie's as she looked pretty damn pleased with herself. "Wow, this is going to be easier than I thought." Sophie sneers as she tilts her head. Clem lunges forward and nails Sophie's stomach and punches her face, resulting in Sophie falling back against the ropes.

The crowd cheered as Marlon and the girls were screaming from the top of their lungs.
"Your sister was right, you're all bark and no bite." Clem teased as she started advancing on the girl. Sophie lunged forward to Clem's surprise, and jabbed her chest, as she kicked Clem's hip, causing her to collapse. Clem scrambles to her feet and blocks Sophie's punches while catching her breath. Soon Sophie had clem pinned against the ropes, while the brunette was using all of her strength to hold Sophie off of her. "I see your boyfriend isn't here, did he get tired of you already?" Sophie questions, loud enough that clem's team can hear. Clementine feels her heart drop and her knuckles tense. "Oh she is so asking for it," she repeats in her head, as she shoves Sophie away and uppercuts her jaw. "Don't say his name," Clementine growled as she pinned Sophie on the floor and started jabbing her arms were blocking her face.

"That's round one!" The referee called. As Clem stood up, Sophie made a jump to grab her, but the ref held her back as she retreated to her corner. Brody pulled up a stool, as Minnie and Marlon grabbed the rest of the gear. "You did good. But you still have four rounds left." Marlon informed as he wiped the blood from Clem's cheek, from Minnie's first hit. Minnie wiped the sweat from the brunette's forehead and Brody gave Clementine water. "Louis isn't here." She said sadly as she observed the crowd. "I'm sorry Clem," Brody apologizes as she rubs her friend's back. "God, I don't think I've ever seen Sophie look so...psycho." Minnie comments as the group looked across the ring. Sophie had cuts on her face, and her elbows were turning blue-ish. But what scared Clementine the most, was her eyes. They were relaxed, but they had no sign of life in them.

They were only getting started.

Louis was still in his dorm. He was trying to do homework, but he soon got a message from Marlon.
M: Just wanted to let you know, Clem made it through the first 3 rounds. Small cuts and bruises, but she's doing fine.
Looking at the message, the dread head could only imagine what she looked like right now. She would have replaced her soft doe amber eyes, with looks that could kill, her cheeks would be red, but not from the blushing he was so fond of, but from the blood. Louis closes his eyes and tries to rid those images from his head. He looks at his phone to check the time, but instead of looking at the numbers, he looks at his background.

It was the picture that Brody took of Clem and Louis the night after the frat party when they were sleeping together. His vision evolves to blurry, as he wipes his eyes to rid them of the liquid forming. He lies on his bed and continues to scroll through pictures of him and his darling. Suddenly he started seeing her. Everywhere he looked he saw the girl he loved most, and he violently runner his eyes to only see her disappear.