---Finding a Purpose---

Start from the beginning

"Lia," Henley whispered, looking shocked and slightly hurt.

"I am sorry, but am I not allowed how to protect myself when I am left all alone now." I misdirected my anger at him and he winced at my words.

He gave me an apologetic look and I nodded letting him know I was just in a bad mood.

As usual, the gathered people accompanied me to the grounds, all the council members, King, Queen and Henley. Tahira followed me closely being my personal maid.

"I guess your Prince didn't know that you were skilled in violence," Tahira whispered.

"Mind your own business." I spat out.

"You are my business as commanded by our Prince." She said and I felt angry at the mention of his name.

He completely, utterly destroyed my life.

When we reached the practice grounds, the soldiers seemed surprised. The whispering doubled someone of them loud enough for me to hear. Not ladylike, a princess with no morals, rulebreaker, not a suitable person for Princess, weak, liar, frail and among them were the praise for my beauty and speculation of how a woman can yield weapon good enough to join League.

As much as my inside burned with rage for Bretrarum, I actually trained with the best.

The things Gerald couldn't teach me, he did.

"Darwin," Henley called out his best friend and the best soldier we all knew.

He stepped out and looked at me with a frown," Are you well now Princess?" 

"Well enough," I answered with a smile because we were acquaintances.

"Why is the whole council here?" He asked Henley.

"They want to see if I am good enough to be in the league." And all the soldiers laughed at my words.

Even Henley looked amused but then he has always seen me as the nice sweet Princess who can barely lift a heavy object. 

Because this was boring me as well as annoying me, I walked forward and picked up a sword closest to me and turned towards Darwin," If you are not too scared?" 

He just smirked and picked up his own sword running a finger through his brown hair as if this frustrated him and insulted me with a lenient hit which I blocked with ease.

"I hope you can do better than this." I challenged him.

"Remember Your Highness, she asked for it." He said to Henley who nodded.

And then he charged with full force. He was fast, his footwork close to perfect and he can handle two swords at once. But I learned to spot the Dark Prince with Qi Energy force and utmost talent in the killing, this was nowhere close.

I blocked his every hit easily, he was not only good with weapons but he could flip over me and land a surprise attack but I realized through this how right Bretrarum was, how harsh the world was. I thought I was safe with Henely but here I was proving my worth and assumed as disgraceful in the Kingdom of someone I loved.

I was faster, sharper and I have learned a few tricks to hurt my opponent without shedding blood, Bretrarum never gave me injuries that bled. Suddenly, Darwin started attacking fiercely as he felt ashamed at me being better than him and I realized he was aiming for a brutal hit.

His hit became sharper and I had to move faster now and I realized my hits were not as they used to be. I sent out a shot of energy that made wind act as my weapon of force. In his training, he has subtly tutored me to put my energy into my attacks. As I used my sword to clash with his, I pushed him back and felt the wind around me helping as Darwin was pushed backward looking surprised.