Chapter 10: Potions and Detentions

Bắt đầu từ đầu

“Twenty points off Gryffindor, you add fairy wings, not pixie wings,” she snapped at him. “Now, Miss Granger.”

Hermione picked up the flask she already filled, and walked up to Narcissa. She took it from her hands, and drank it. Instead of the normal popping noise, there was no sound; but all of the pimples were growing smaller, smaller, smaller and finally gone. All the Gryffindors cheered, but the Slytherins, who thought she had failed, were groaning.

“Ten points off Gryffindor.” Immediately, the cheering and groaning ceased. “You were told to do the basic one, not the extensive one.” 

The Slytherins were cheering, but one.

“That's unfair. Any reasonable teacher will give her points and not take away points if somebody in their class does the extensive way of doing something.”

The Gryffindors and some of the Slytherins gaped at Draco Malfoy. Never in their life had they dreamed of Draco Malfoy, the Slytherin Prince, would ever stand up for the Gryffindor Princess, also know to him, ‘the filthy, little Mudblood'.

“You always listen to the teacher. The teacher tells you to do the basic potion, and you do the basic potion. The teacher tells you to do the extensive potion, and you do the extensive potion. You never do the opposite to what the teacher tells you to do,” Narcissa snapped at her son.

“Even so, it's not fair. I've read the book, and the extensive potion for the Cure of Pimples is extremely hard. Many fully qualified wizards fail to do it.”

“If you say anything once more, I'll have to put you in detention Draco,” barked Narcissa. Her face had the pink tinge Draco had when he was embarrassed.

“Then put me in detention. I welcome detention.”

“Don't make me Draco.”

“Go on! Put me in detention!”

Everyone could see that Narcissa was battling between whether or not she should put her precious son in detention. Finally, she made up her mind.

“You shall have your detention tonight at  7:00 in my office.”

Five minutes later, Hermione chased after Draco. With Harry and Ron lagging behind.

“Draco! Draco!” He turned around. “I'm so sorry I landed you in detention. I didn't mean to. It's just-”

Draco cut her off.

“It's not your fault. I was just being fair.”

“No, it is my fault. If I did the basic potion and not the extensive one, you wouldn't have to  go to detention tonight. I'm such an idiot.”

“Hermione, you are not an idiot.”

“I am. You must really hate me now-”

“It's just detention.”

“Just detention? Yeah, but from your own mother. You probably do hate me no-” 

“You know Hermione, you're perfect and all, but the thing I hate most about you is that you go ranting on and on about something,” Draco said, slightly annoyed.

“Oh I'm so sorry, I don't mean to, but it all just sort of comes out and then-”

“And there she goes again.”

“Erm Hermione, can we go to lunch now. I need food!” 

Hermione jumped. She nearly forgot that Ron and Harry were still with her.

“Oh okay. Should we go together?”

“Um...” Hermione could tell that Harry's hesitation was because of he and Draco's 'past'.