3

"I'm sorry mrs Numley, we don't think she's going to make it. She's lost too much blood for survival to be humanly possible without a miracle."

The damn doctor jinxed me.

Headphones, music blasting, peaceful. I'm sitting at a table alone during lunchtime, when who else but Katie sits at my table.

"Hey." She says, noticeably less bubbly than before. Something must've happened in the last two periods we didn't have together.

"Hi." I say, closing my eyes, and sitting back, arms folded. Please god just leave me alone.

"What you listening to?" She asks, making me groan and open my eyes.

"Why?" I frown at her "you're just gonna make fun of me for it."

She actually looks upset at that, and I immediately regret it. Before I can stop myself I'm apologising like I've just slept with my brother's wife.

"Hey look, I'm sorry, it's just, no one here talks to me and I'm not used to it ok? Sorry." I reach out and touch her arm, causing her to flinch and pull away.

"Don't." She glares.

If looks could kill and I were a cat, all of my lives would be gone, including the extra one cat god would give me for not having cat sex until cat marriage.

She gets up, and turns away, and it's not until then that I notice she doesn't have lunch.

"Katie, wait..."

She looks back, tears in her eyes.

"Fuck off, okay? I'm not like the rest of them," she points, gesturing to everyone else in the cafeteria "I'm nice, and I actually tried being your friend, and you rejected me. So fuck the fuck off."

I'm stunned. This isn't the girl from this morning. She turns away.

"Asking Alexandria.." I whisper, barely audible

"What?" She turns to face me, walking back over, slowly.

"It's what I'm listening to." I give a shaky smile.

She grins at me

~yes motherfucker that's the end of the chapter (don't be greedy ok). But it's the holidays, so I'll have lots of time to write.~