Chapter 41 - Bad Moon Rising

Start from the beginning

“How do you know all of this?”

“The Oni. They lurk in the shadows.” He said as he took a seat on the steps outside the school and the Oni position themselves on either side of him. I walked up the steps and jumped up the garden ledge behind Reese and waited.

Before long Derek came into view, fully transformed, holding the cylinder Triskellion box that had once held his mother’s claws.

“Did you bring us a present?” Reese asked.

“I brought two.” He said. The twins came up behind him on either side as Derek placed the box down on the ground.

“Now I’ve heard of an alpha pack, Derek, but a pack of former alphas. It’s a little sad, don’t you think?” Reese teased.

Derek looked at me and I smiled devilishly at him. "You look nervous, Boss." I said, mocking the old nickname I used to use.

"Not that your new look isn't hot, Anna, ‘cuz believe me it really is." Aiden said looking at my new clothing style "but I have to admit I kind of miss nice, sassy, floopy, edgy you, not literally Satin’s mistress you." He finished gesturing toward Stiles when he said Satin.

“Cocky words for a beta.”

“We may not be an alphas anymore, but we can still fight like them.” Derek said before roaring. The twins followed suit as the Oni swung their swords around. The ninja’s charged and met them halfway. I guess this really was game on. I calmly dismounted the edge of the garden wall as Reese made his way up the stairs.

“Get the box.” He said. “You can toy with them all you like, but I need that box.” He said before walking away.

I made my way down the stairs. Derek was occupied with one Oni and Ethan and Aiden with another.

“Get the box!” Derek yelled. “Someone get the box!”

I reached the box and turned back around with a smirk as two more Oni appeared behind me.

“I hate Ninja’s.” Aiden said as he looked at us and charged. The Oni ran in front of me and begun to fight him. They were outnumbered and didn’t stand a chance.

I bent down and picked up the box, turning it around in my hand.

“Anna! Don’t! This isn’t you!” Aiden said through grunts as he was thrown to the ground, blood coming from his mouth. The Oni charged at him, but I held up my hand and they stopped.

“Why did you choose to stay in Beacon Hills, Aiden? I’ve always been curious.”

“Because Scott is a good alpha and he can make us into something we’ve never been.” He said. “Something that you were… good. Pure.”

I smirked. “Lydia thinks you’re a bad guy. You’re not. You’re starting to realize that and you’re doing all you can to take what you’ve done back, but I’m afraid you’re out of time, Aiden. You best stand, you’re not going to put up much of a fight from down there.” I said as the Oni flicked their swords around in their hands again.

“You stronger than this, Anna.” He said as he got to his feet. “You can fight it.”

“Maybe I can, but… I don’t want to.” I said with another smile.

The Oni charged at him and one was close when and an arrow lodged itself in his chest and a gold light shone from the wound. I looked up and saw Argent. He’d figured out what Allison had, whatever it was. Damn Reese and his cocky attitude. Isaac came running and did a summersault and landed at the bottom of the stairs. Show off. The Oni pulled the arrow from his chest and disappeared in a mist of black fog.