Chapter 29: Insecurity

Start from the beginning

      Around the time my parents got home, we were off the floor and up in my room. I was doing homework, and he was playing this football game that he had on his phone. He was shouting at his phone, and at first I was trying to ignore him, but then it began to get irritating. “Aiden, will you please be quiet.” He looks at me and then back at his screen. I give him the ‘what the fuck’ look. Ignoring him, I go back to my work. I was slightly frustrated because I didn’t know the answer, and his yelling was not helping me concentrate.

      “Go Go Run, No, what are you doing.” He yells. I groan at him. “Aiden are you serious? I can’t fucking concentrate if you're over here screaming.”  He puts his phone down and scots closer to me, but I stop him. “No I don’t want you to hug me; I want you to stop yelling so I can work.” He ignores me anyway, wrapping his arms around my shoulders. I roll my eyes. “I have to go to the bathroom.” He suddenly says. “Go then.” He gets up and leaves to the restroom.

       When I hear a ding, I pick up my phone to see if I had a message or something, but it wasn’t mine. I look around the bed, because it was starting to vibrate. I finally find it and realize that it is Aiden’s phone. Someone was calling him, but I was not for sure who it was. I was tempted to answer it, but that would have been wrong.

     Even though my hand was itching to press the answer button, I let it go to voicemail. Seconds later a voice message pops up. I groan, because I didn’t want to be that noisy type of girlfriend and jump to the gun and say something that could have been nothing. I sighed in relief when Aiden came back seconds later. “Um someone called for you.” I said. He walks over to get his phone. He gives it a confused look. Typing in some stuff he throws down the phone and sits on the bed.

"Did you recongize the number?" I asked. He shakes his head, playing hid game again. I looked up at him, not having any clue who it was. For a second I thought it was Willow calling from a different phone or something, but I guess it wasn’t her. "I'm sorry about being too loud." He apologizes, leaning into me.

           I flip the page and move on. "Its fine." I couldn't seem to the get the mysterious call out of my head. I had a bad feeling I knew who it was.

           Mad again, I shut my book and put it back in my bag. “This Willow stuff is getting to me Aiden.” I said irritated. “Why,  there is nothing to worry about anymore."

          “She always seems to come up, whether her name is mention or it’s just something that someone fucking says.” For some reason this was really bothering me. “You know, what’s crazy is that she is crazy. Like fucking mental crazy, but no one, but me realizes that.” I yelled. His face calms and he start to come towards me.

         “Baby that is because you are paranoid, Willow is not crazy, just she doesn’t know what she would do, because once you go black you don’t back.” I frown, “You’re not black. That doesn’t qualify for you.” He laughs, and I try not to give in. Because I was mad at him. “Baby its okay. You don’t have to worry about anything. The only girl I want is you,” He closes the distance between us and I let him grab me by the waist. “I’m sorry baby.”  I lay my head on his chest. “I’m sorry too. All this Willow shit is making me feel left out.”

      He kissed my forehead and turned around. “You know, it’s cute that you’re jealous.” He teases me. I frown at him. He was not making this situation of my being ‘jealous’ or 'insecure' or whatever any better.  “Shut up and leave.” I push him out my room. “Oh so now your kicking me ou, because I said you were jealous.”  I nod, opening the door for him. “It’s all good; I was going to go hang out with my sisters anyway.” He puckers his lips at me. “Alright, and hey I’m not trying to kick you out, I just want to be by myself right now. I’ll call you later okay?” I pull him to my body like he does me and give him a big kiss. He gives me one more little peck and leaves.

    ~~~

        I only had a couple days until we all leave to go to Florida. Aiden already knew the plan, and his parents said he could go. I was still surprised that my parents are letting us go together. Right now Aiden and I were in the mall buying stuff. I was looking around  trying to find a nice dress to wear to the wedding. I wasn’t seeing any nice ones that I could fit though.

       I turn around to show Aiden a dress and see him gone. Shrugging, I go to the dressing rooms and try it on. It was a napoleon colored dress with a skinny brown belt attached to it. I thought it was cute on the hanger, but it looked weird on me. I had a lot of hip action going on; I frown at myself in the mirror.

     I pull out my phone and call Aiden to see where he went. He answers on the second ring, “Where did you go?” I asked him. “I went to that jewelry store, next to that makeup place you like.” He said. “Alright well can you come back real quick? I want you to see what I’m wearing.” He agrees and we both hang up. I go out and wait for him. “Alright come out.” I heard. I go out, thinking it was Aiden, but it was another guy and he was calling out his girlfriend or someone to come out. I watch as the girl comes out and poses for the guy. Her dress was coral with the little heart to show off her back. She looked great in the dress.

     The guy complimented her and looked over at me. “You look great as well.” He says to me. I give him a small smile, even though I didn’t think I looked good. “Yeah, I love how the color goes with your skin. That looks beautiful on you.” The girl said. The negative thoughts that I was thinking about myself, suddenly went to the back of my mind. “She’s right baby, you look great.” I heard. I turn around and see Aiden standing between the two people.

      He comes up to me and leads me to the mirror. His hands were around my waist, and we stared at each other in the mirror. “You know you can’t inappropriately touch me in front of people.” I jokily whispered. “It’s not inappropriate if you like it.” He grabs my butt. I laugh again and turn around to face him. “Do you really like this dress?” I asked him again. “Yes.” I look at myself in the mirror one more time. “Alright I'll get it." 

What did you think about the chapter? Comment what you think? 

Do you think Willow is crazy enough to do something? 

 Comment, Vote, and Share this story. Sorry about that little rant about my shitty life. I hope you enjoyed the chapter. Until Next Time.