Chapter 22: Finally

Chapter 22: Finally

      Aiden and I were lying down in his bed. He had his eyes closed, but I know he wasn't asleep yet. "Hey Aiden." I whisper. "Mmh?" I turn to look at him. "You know what I just remembered?" He moves his head to look at me, with his eyes still closed. "What?"

"That you never told me what happened with your parents." He opens his eyes and just stares at me. His parents weren't home when he got here, just Avery and Ashlynn. Brenda was out with her friends.

     "I came back and they were talking in the kitchen. At first I was ready to act like an asshole and be rude, but then my mom came out and said stuff like she was sorry, and didn't realize how it made me feel. I rolled my eyes at them," He continues to stare into my eyes. "And then my mom said that you talked to them. And that's when it made sense. Why they were apologizing so easily and being so nice, because you talked to them, someone who wasn't family spoke up and it actually went through their thick brains," He caresses my face slowly. "What did you say to them Nia?"

       I told him what I said to his parents, he laughs when I tell him the part when I said Kyle was a fake baby. "Aww, Nia you care about me?" He playful says. "Yes, now hush take a nap." He shakes his head, getting up. "Nope, I can't now." In one move he straddles me. "Aiden what are you doing?"  He was holding my arms captive. "Kiss Me Girl." He laughs. "Who said I wanted to kiss you? I'm kind of hungry" I joked.

     Aiden laughs, lowering his face to kiss me. At first it was a playful kiss, he would just peck my lips, but then he kissed me for real. And I kissed back, completely getting caught up in him. My hands started to travel to his hair, caressing it. I guess he liked that, because he let out a groan. "Aiden." I breathe. He kisses my neck, slowly and delicately. His hands go to the end of my shirt and he starts to pull it up. But I stop his hands, "Don't." He looks up at me and takes his hands out of mine "It's okay." He gets off and sits down next to me. "I—"Nia don't worry about it. I wasn't forcing you. If you didn't want to, then I wasn't going to make you." He looks at me with those blue eyes and melts my insides.

         "I do," I nod my head. "Of course I want to, but I don't think I'm ready. And I didn't want this to be just a fuck and you go and leave me." I confess. Aiden laughs, "Nia, you...you are you, and I wouldn't do that to you." He says.  I look forward, feeling nervous. My head is telling me to say something, but I can't seem to move my mouth to blurt it out.

"Aiden what are we?" I finally say.

"Homosapiens."

I grab a pillow and hit him in the chest. "You know what I'm talking about." He laughs, "No I don't. Can you elaborate for me?" I purse my lips at him, because I know he knows what I'm trying to say. He just wants me to say it.

     "What I'm trying to say is what are we? Are we just friends, because friends don't just kiss and sleep in the same bed with each other or take each other out on dates if they didn't like each other?"

He smirks. "Oh now you like me?" He jokes. He grabs my arms and makes me sit in front of him. I was lying on his lap as he playfully touched my hair. "How can I not?" I joke back. He laughs, making my back vibrate.

"It's just in a matter of time before you love me."

          "I said I liked you, don't push it." I laugh. "Anyway, so what are you trying to say? You want to date me?" He says in a childish voice. "You are making this complicated." I chuckle.

"How?"

I turn my head to look back at him. "It's a simple yes or no Aiden." He snaps his fingers, "When did you become the boss?" I turn my body around, laying it on his chest. "I was always the boss, now are you going to answer?"