'As if that would make a difference.'

I bit my lip nervously, avoiding eye contact. Glancing down and my watch, I knew I was going to be late if I didn't get to my next class within the next minute. We only had 3 minutes for hall passing time.

"Now I suggest you apologize!" She said, holding her head up high.

I sighed. She was getting worse by the day. "Sorry."

She scrunched up her face. "You call that an apology?!"

I looked up at her confusingly.

"Don't look at me like I'm nuts!" Her frustrated face was bright red. "You clearly didn't mean that apology!" 

Someone cleared their throat impatiently behind the cheerleaders. I tensed when I saw who it was. It was Axel. He was standing right behind Layla, and his face was filled with pure annoyance. Layla stood there, staring up at him like she was hypnotized. He pushed straight passed her and started walking my way.

Once Layla realized what was going on, she fixed her cheer skirt and batted her eyelashes sweetly in his direction, but he didn't even glance back. The only guy who refused to look at her for that matter.

I looked down at the floor the moment he walked passed me. The feeling was uncontrollable. I felt a whole zoo in my stomach. My heart was pounding so hard against my chest, I felt like I was going it was going to fly out of my chest any moment. I looked up at his back when was a few feet away. And as he walked down the hall and out of sight, I felt utterly shattered.

There was no hope for a girl like me.

Axel Storm Spencer, known as the school's 'bad boy' that everyone feared. On the popularity pyramid, he was the only one who stood above Layla. He wasn't your typical bad boy; there was something special. He didn't seem to have any friends, or at least from what I knew. He was sharper than a needle, but he didn't participate at school. The only way he passed school was through his exams. He could be scary, but he had his sweet moments where he would stare out into space, deep in thought.

His personality and behavior was absolutely fascinating. I had gotten my hands on a couple of essays he had written on different pieces of literature, and his interpretations were beyond creative, and were written with a sense of defiance. The interpretations themselves were pieces of art to me. He was a puzzle I strived to solve, as I admired him from afar. As if his intelligence wasn't enough, he looked like a Greek God to me. His perfect blonde hair was the shade of sand, giving a sense of optimism, his eyes were emerald green, hypnotizing me from afar, and his body was athletic and fit.

Axel was perfect.
At least he was perfect to me.
So perfect, he was untouchable.

In middle school, my crush began. It would sound cliché if I said it was love at first sight, but it was true. He had gotten in a fight with some 8th graders while we were in 6th grade, and his face was coated in blood.

Peculiar?  Definitely.

I strived for the freedom he had.

I would dress a little more girly just for him to notice me, (from the shitty selection Cleo gave me), I would get more beauty sleep to look prettier, I tried expressing myself more in front of him, but of course, he never did notice me.

I was a nerd, he was bad.
I was soft, he was tough.
I was quiet, he was loud.
I held my tongue, he said every word that was on his mind.

There was no way we would've worked.

Opposites never seemed to attract in my world.