Chapter 6

We made it to Delilah's house in one piece and I'm now talking to her. "If my mom calls, though I doubt she will, tell her I'm staying over again and your mom is taking us to school."

"What? No! She loves me, I don't want her to hate me." I show her my sad face and then I literally burst into tears, great time for those. "Ok ok, just don't cry. Girly you know I love you, I'll do it for you."

"Thank...you. You're...the best!" I say between sobs and sniffles. She then hands me my bag and Sam and I leave.

Once we are close to a grocery store I say, "we should go grocery shopping for the house. Since I'm here now I'll be cooking." As I say that he gives me an 'are you sure' look mixed with a 'you can cook?' look. "Yes I can cook. I can cook everything from an egg white omelet to a four course meal with steak smothered with bleu cheese sauce with shrimp and mixed vegetables, broccoli cheese casserole stew, a tossed Caesar salad, and creme brulee for dessert!"

"Well I'll be satisfied in more than one way." He says as he pulls into a parking space.

"Hahaha, you're so funny, if your jokes keep going you won't be satisfied at all. Now get out so you can tell me what you like to eat." We walk into the artificial cool of the grocery store and I say, "Let's start with breakfast food."

 "I love pancakes with just about any fruit except pineapple, peaches, bananas...ok I really only like blueberry or chocolate chip with coconut sprinkles. I like eggs, so omelets are wonderful! I love sausage, bacon, and oatmeal with fruit and also cereal." While he is talking, I get the ingredients and our favorite cereal. When I pick up the bacon and sausage he asks, "Why are you getting two types?"

"Well because I don't eat pork," I answer in a 'duh' tone.

"Oh ok, maybe I shouldn't eat it either," he says as if he were asking a question.

"You can eat whatever you want, it doesn't matter to me, I have always cooked with pork because of my grandma mostly; I make pork chops, chitterlings, and pigs feet."

"Oh ok!"

"Now, lunch!" I say.

"Burgers, hot dogs, steaks, ribs, chic--"

"You're such a guy, you handle meats while I do the rest. Oh, are you allergic to or just don't like anything?" 

"I'm lactose intolerant but I love dairy products. I hate cucumbers but love pickles, and I'm highly allergic to to peanuts." He says looking extremely apologetic.

"Well that's perfect, I'm lactose intolerant and I love dairy products also, but the solution for milk is either whole milk or soy milk... I really like Very Vanilla Soy. I hate cucumbers and I love pickles. Except cucumber water and cucumber body wash so... I also hate peanuts." I say and I smile at his look of relief.

"I'm going to look for meats now!"

"Ok also get some lobster, shrimp, crab legs, catfish, salmon, and tilapia," I say.

"Ok, I'll meet you at register two."

***

We meet up at register two about an hour later, both buggies full. He looks over my buggy and apparently saw some vegetables he didn't like because the rest were sweets or dry ingredients pretty much. "Why'd you get onions, brussel sprouts, and mixed vegetables?" He asks with the little kid 'yuck' face and a whinny voice.

"Would you like some cheese with that whine?" I use a famous line my mother uses when she is tired of listening to our whining. "And because they go good with different foods and the way I cook it you'll love it!" I say while putting things on the conveyor belt.

"Asparagus? Really?"

"Yes baby! You'll especially like what I cook in." I say and his eyes widen like saucers. We finish putting stuff on the belt and the cashier was almost finished ringing things up, Sam decides to press his male region against my bellybutton as he kisses me hard and deep but it ends too quick.

"Your total is three hundred seventy-three dollars, you saved seventy-five dollars, thanks for shopping at Harris Teeter." With that the cashier turned the credit card machine to us and I let Sam handle that. I went over to the bagging area and started helping the bag boy place them in the carts.

I say to him, "Thank you so much for your help! Have a good night." He grabs my hand and smiles.

"You're very welcome and if you ever need any kind of help here's my number." He says while rubbing my arm.

"No thank you, my boyfriend can help me!" I say trying to pull away from his grasp then I hear a low growl, as if it's a warning. Then I feel safe arms wrap around my waist and I feel tingles so I lean into the person knowing it's Sam. 

"Now let her go." Sam says in a very menacing tone. I would have let go if I were him but this bag boy has balls.

"Or what?" the bag boy challenges. That low growl turns into a loud, full growl, finally I am able to pull away from the bag boy. I turn around to look at Sam, whose eyes are pitching black, and if the werewolf books I read are true, he is on the verge of shifting.

"Hey look at me baby. Look in my eyes. Baby think about Wednesday, about me cooking naked, and about this." I say before I kiss him senseless as I do that his claws retract. I slowly pull away and look into his now murky yet dazzling hazel eyes. "Are you ok now?"

"Yeah, just can't wait until Wednesday." He says in a husky tone.

"Hey, remember what I said," the bag boy says with a wink. Then Sam's hold on my waist tightens but I pull away and I go over to the bag boy.

"Don't worry, that offer is not necessary but if you don't shut up surgery will be." With that said I punch him in the face and then I kick him in the cajones. I turn around and look at Sam, who is smiling and laughing. "Lets go! But first grab a buggie and you get to put the stuff in the truck."

"Ok! Damn babe, you gotta arm on you and a leg." he says laughter evident in his eyes.

"Well that's what you get when you grow up with uncles and cousins who box, wrestle, play football and basketball, and two brothers. I also box." I say as we stop at the truck. Then I give him the 'get to work' look, expecting him to object, but he doesn't. He finishes putting food in truck in about ten or fifteen minutes. We get in the truck and head to the pack house.

************************************************************************

Picture of Keeley's brother Austin!!!!