one

CHAPTER ONE;;

"Who's that?" I ask as I set my bio textbook on the table and slid into my assigned seat as I wait for Harry to answer my question.

He takes a seat infront of me. "Who?" His eyebrows shot up, clearly not knowing who I was talking about.

"Are you blind?" I roll my eyes. "The one sitting at the back of the class. He's wearing all black. It's hard not to miss him since he stands out from the crowd."

Harry takes a look around the class and when his facial expression changes, I knew that he had spotted the newbie. I turn my head to take look at him as well and not long after, he was looks our way with a smirk plastered on his face.

My eyes widened, knowing that our cover is blown. "Oh, shit!" I whisper harshly and I quickly turn to face the front and Harry faces me to make it look like we are having a normal conversation.

"Do you think he saw?" I ask, flipping open my textbook, acting like we were discussing about biology.

"What do you think, Mia?" Harry's eyes widens as he speaks. "Just-play it cool."

I nod, agreeing to his suggestion and flip through the pages of my textbook, trying my best to play it cool, while Harry turns to face the front. Ten minutes later, Ms Murphy, our bio teacher walks in the class, with a laptop in hand.

She sits down on her chair, opens her laptop and calls out the attendance. Once she finishes, she looks up from the screen and says, "Anyone I missed?" There was a moment of silence until she opens her mouth to speak again, "Yes, you at the back. What is your name?"

"Zayn. Zayn Malik," I hear the guy say with an accent almost like Harry's. Except his voice was slightly softer and smoother instead of low and rough like Harry's.

"Well, Zayn," Ms Murphy paused and starts typing. "I assume that you're a new student here and there are rules in my class. No one sits at the back row."

I hear him get up from his seat and his shoes shuffles closer to where I was making shift uncomfortably in my sit, knowing that the only empty seat in the class except for the back row is next to me.

Jason, the weird kid in class has always been sitting next to me until he got expelled from school early this year because of nearly killing a freshman that was picking on him. That is why you always be nice to the weird kids. Who knows what they could do to you with one punch.

The chair next to me was dragged out and my heart rate starts to increase. I was getting nervous. Nervous about him sitting beside me and embarrassed that he caught me looking at him.

"What is science?" Ms Murphy asks as she gets up from her seat, beginning the lesson.

Is she seriously asking that question? How cliché can you be? I roll my eyes and place my elbow on the table and cup my chin.

When no one in the class answered her, she sighs, "It's a study of something. An investigation by experimenting and observing. Like being a spy,"

She waited for reaction from the class. And when she got nothing, she sighs again. "I'm going to give you a simple task today. All you have to do is get a partner and find out as much as you can about them."

"Wait, Miss," Harry stops her. "What does this have anything to do with biology?"

God, Harry, just shut up before she changes her mind and ask us to do research and write a five page essay instead on What is science? Am I exaggerating? Maybe.

"Our next topic is human reproduction. And before human reproduce, they interact first, don't they?" Ms Murphy raises an eyebrow at him and I see him shrug.