Chapter Four*

Chapter 4: The Invitation

Right before dawn, Red and Aurora headed to go to the palace.

"Whose palace are we going to?" Red asked confused.

"My friend, Cinderella," Aurora replied.

"You're kidding, right. Cinderella is one of the most precious queen there is!" Red cried, surprised.

"We met while I was on a trip to get some berries in the forest," Aurora explained. "I got lost and she helped me find my way home."

"That is so ironic," Red said.

Aurora didn't say anything back because she was concentrated on the map she was holding in her hand. The map was smudged and was hard to read. Somehow though, Aurora found a way to read it. Aurora stopped, looked around, and walked in a different direction. Red followed closely behind, afraid that Wolf was lurking around them.

Red was looking around franticly, making sure they were out of danger. Meanwhile, Aurora read the map carefully many times to make sure that they were heading the right way.

Red paused, "Aurora, do you smell that," Red and Aurora sniffed the air.

"Yes, what is that?" Aurora asked, "It smells... delicious."

Red and Aurora abandoned the map and followed the smell of deliciousness. Soon, they saw smoke and a cottage. They knocked on the door, when it opened their was something very peculiar about the person they saw. A dwarf.

"May I help you?" The dwarf asked.

"Uh, we are so sorry we were just drawn by the smell. We were just adventuring to Queen Cinderella's palace and we smelled the amazing smell and we wanted to see what it was," Aurora said, shyly.

"Well, come on in! You can't stay out there with that smell and not eating it," the dwarf said. "My name is Doc."

"Not to be rude, but...what are you?" Aurora asked quietly.

"I am a mine Dwarf!" Doc said proudly. "We all are," he gestured over to some dwarf sitting next to the fireplace and getting a snack.

Red smiled at the thought of different people. She looked over to Aurora and smiled. She was actually happy to see mine Dwarves. Red had heard of mine Dwarves before, but she did not know if they were actually real. Sure, people mine if they want, but these miners were special. They are pretty much old and they are very short people; three feet at the most.

All of the Dwarves came to the door and introduced themselves.

"Hello, I am Sleepy," he yawned.

"Well, why don't you take a nap?" Aurora asked.

"No, my name is Sleepy," Sleepy chuckled.

"Oh, I am indeed sorry, er, sir," Aurora apologized.

Aurora turned to Doc, "I don't suppose you are a doctor?"

"Well, by golly! Why does everyone think?" Doc replied.

"Aurora, why don't we introduce our selves," Red said, before Aurora says anything dumb again.

"Sure! Fellow Dwarves, I am Aurora. This here," she pointed over to Red, "is my friend, Red."

Red waved to every Dwarf in the cottage.

"How many of you are there?" Aurora asked.

"Seven," Doc replied.

"Well, how about you guys introduce your selves to us, eh?" Aurora anxiously said.