Chapter Three*

Chapter 3: Rescue

Aurora was in her Godmother's cottage cleaning up after her baking day. She went out to grab some berries and fruit on her horse. She was slowly riding and humming to her favourite song that her Godmother's taught her. She found very little food, so she had to go deep in the forest. She marked her trail in case she got lost. In her pack she only had six berries and three apples. She ate an apple and three berries, then she walked on the trail and left her horse behind. This was basically her everyday routine. While her walk she found many other fruit. She took them quickly and went even deeper than usual.

Aurora started hearing some faint noises. She got frightened when they became louder and louder the deeper she went in the forest. She heard an ear piercing shriek and headed to the direction of the scream. She saw a young girl with a hood running from a wolf.

"Hey! Hey! Over here, come on! I'll help you!" Aurora yelled to the girl.

The girl ran with all her mite! When she got to Aurora, Aurora took the girl's hand and directed her to her horse. She helped her up on the horse, Wolf was close behind, and snapped the reins on the horse very hard. Next thing you know, they're a mile away from Wolf.

"We're safe here. My cottage is just behind those trees," Aurora pointed over to some trees, exhausted.

"Thank you so much!" The girl said to Aurora, "What's your name?"

"I am Aurora, and you are?" Aurora asked.

"Red Riding Hood, but my family and friends call me Red," Red replied with a cheesy smile.

"Well, Red, where is your family?" Aurora asked.

"I actually do not know. We were hunting for Wolf who was chasing me and I was hunting him by myself and he attacked. While I was aiming, I stepped on a twig and he heard me and started to chase me. I do not know how to get home now. I have no idea where to go or what to do," Red said with a tear rolling down her pale, pink cheek.

"Hey, hey. Don't cry, you could stay with me until you figure out what to do," Aurora happily offered.

"Are you sure? It's not to much?" Red asked.

"No, of course not. Let us go to my cottage and introduce yourself to my Godmother's," Aurora said, directing Red to the cottage.

Red smiled, and gladly got on Aurora's horse. When they got to Aurora's cottage, Red shyly walked in and Aurora introduced Red to everyone and told her Godmother's that Red was chased by Wolf.

"Oh, honey! You may stay here for as long as you need to!" Flora, one of Aurora's Godmother's said, "It is very, very safe here."

"Thank you so, so much," Red replied, looking down at her feet.

"Oh my! What horrible hostess we are!" Merryweather said, another one of Aurora's Godmother's, "We must feed you, poor thing!"

Merryweather is a jolly person. She is always so happy and excited. She always wear a hat like her sisters, Flora and Fauna. She always wear a blue dress because her favourite color is blue. Fauna was very stubborn, and rude. She can also be very sensitive and helpful, though. Throughout her whole life she would always wear green because that was her favourite color. Flora is wise and very smart. She always wear red. She is always so helpful!

Red slowly ate what Merryweather gave her. They all stared as she ate.

Red looked up from her bowl of soup and smile, "Thank you."

"No worries, we are happy to help!" Merryweather said.

After the meal of soup, Aurora and the Godmother's showed Red to her sleeping area. Aurora and Red are sharing a room and bed. Flora gave Red a quilt and a dress to sleep with. Red changed into her sleeping dress in the room all alone. Then Aurora came in and undressed the bed and got ready for bed.

Throughout the night, Red was having nightmares about Wolf. In one, she was running and her heart was beating fast like a cheetah. She looked back and Wolf was there chasing her. Then, Wolf attacked. The nightmare ended. She woke and sat up very, very quickly. Aurora got woken up by that.

"Red? Are you okay?" Aurora asked sleepy.

"Yes, just a nightmare," Red replied.

Aurora stood up off the bed and light a candle, "They keep the nightmares away."

Red smiled and fell asleep very quickly. Looks like the candle worked because she had no more nightmares throughout the rest of the night. She woke up in the morning before everyone else so she sneaked outside and took a breath of fresh non-wolf infected air. She took a small walk in the forest. Every now and then, Red would pick apples from trees. Then she took them to Aurora's cottage. She made pie with the apples she picked as a "thank you" gift for letting her stay in their cottage.

When the family woke up and saw the pie they all saw how indebted Red was and had a group hug.

"Oh, you did not have to make us a pie," Flora said, "We all know that you are obligated, but really, you did not have to. You have said you thank you's already."

"Yes, but I wanted to repay you, all of you. Especially you, Aurora. If you had not saved me from Wolf, I'd probably be dead or still running. So, thank you," Red said, solemnly.

The family smiled and had tears rolling down their cheeks.

Aurora and Red went outside after they all ate their delicious apple pie.

"Next week you and I are going on an adventure to my friend's castle," Aurora said to Red, cheerfully.

"Your friend lives in a castle?" Red asked.

"Yes, she is the queen a different kingdom, the Glass Kingdom. Her name is Cinderella."

"How long will the journey be?" Red asked.

"Five days at the most," Aurora replied.

"That sounds like fun!" Red said, sarcastically.

"Oh, come on. Don't be a buzz kill. She is one of my dearest friends," Aurora said.

"I guess it could be fun," Red was starting to get convinced, besides she really wants to go to a palace.

Aurora clapped her hands in excitement. She grabbed Red by the hand and pulled her inside to get everything ready for the adventure the palace. Aurora grabbed three riding hoods; green, blue, and red. Her Godmother's made them their favourite colors. Red got three riding hoods as well, but they were all red. They packed quilts, dresses, and a lot of food. They were ready for the adventure.