Chapter 2

Hey again, I literally published this a few minutes after the first part. I know personally I normally read stories that have a few parts to them so I thought I'd try and get a few out quickly. As promised this is a flashback to 2 years earlier, I think the next chapter will be as well. 

Just a quick warning, for this story to work I had to make Natsu and Lisanna a bit mean, but that may change back in the present time. You never know

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Previously: 

I giggled slightly and as I kissed him, I started to forget about what happened in the past. We'd get to go back to Fairy Tail engaged. I'd always have him. And that made me happy.

This Chapter:

2 years earlier

Gray's POV:

I was in the guild, fighting with Flame Brain again. But this time it was different,

"How could you, Ice Princess?" he shouted. "You hurt them, they're hurt and it's all your fault"

"I didn't hurt them, it was a takeover spell. It wasn't me" Natsu was mad at me because the last mission we went on. It was Erza, Lucy, Wendy, Lisanna, Carla, Happy, Natsu and I. Natsu, Erza and I were fighting out front and they got beat. I was trying to fight off the attacker but I couldn't. Then he used a takeover spell. I remember him casting it, then everything went black. I woke up, to Lucy and Lisanna holding Natsu back. Wendy told me that Natsu was mad, because I started attacking Lucy, Lisanna, Carla, Happy and her. Erza had got back on her feet and knocked me down to stop me.

"That's such an excuse"

"It isn't Natsu, you knew I wouldn't hurt them" I called him Natsu, to try and show him that I was serious. I never call him Natsu, but he didn't notice.

"Well you did. You're a traitor" Those words hurt. I had betrayed him. I'd hurt the others. Natsu took advantage of the fact that I was thinking. He launched a full power, Fire Dragon Iron Fist at me. I was knocked back. We'd faught like this before but never this seriously. He had the upper hand now, and he took it. Gajeel and Laxus tried to pull Natsu away but he struggled out of their grip. As he was running towards me, I saw someone step in front of me.

"STOP!" The voice screamed. It was a girl, not Erza. Lucy. Natsu did stop. "There's a way to find out what happened. Without hurting anyone"

"Oh yeah, go on then" Lucy summoned Gemini, after telling them what to do they transformed into me.

"Gemini, what does Gray's memory say happened?"

"Let us check" They sung, "He was fighting the man. Natsu and Erza had fallen. He continued to fight, but was beaten. He heard the man perform a takeover spell. Then it went blank. That is all the information he has on what happened"

Lucy glared at Natsu, "This is why you don't jump to conclusions". That's when Lisanna stepped in.

"Wait Natsu. She's probably in on his plan as well. When he started attacking us, she could have summoned some spirits to help but she didn't. I bet they were plotting it together"

"Leave her out of it Lisanna" I said, Lisanna shivered at my glare and hid behind Natsu. She was just trying to stir things up. "I'm not planning on fighting all of you. I wouldn't never hurt anyone while I was in my right mind"

"That's the look he gave me just before, before he attacked us" Lisanna was wiping a fake tear from her eye.

"You Ice Princess, hurt my friends, you're a filthy traitor. And your in for it now" He walked towards me and started punching me. I let the attacks hit me because I thought that maybe if he got all his anger out he'd realise that I was telling the truth. That is if I wasn't dead first. "You betrayed your friends!" He kept hitting me. His flames stung as they made contact with my skin.

"Natsu stop!" I heard a voice shout, "There's something wrong. He's not fighting back" I think the voice belonged to Mira. I'd had enough. Flame Brain didn't believe me, and I'm sure Lisanna would convince everyone I was just what he called me. A Traitor. I realize the only option I had left. My whole body stung Natsu had a strong punch, but I was better than someone who was on the floor getting attacked by a pyro. I sent my fist into his jaw. He wasn't expecting it and he went flying.

"I've had enough" I shouted. Everyone in the guild was looking at me, "You don't have to believe me Flame Brain, believe Lisanna's fake tears. I don't care any more. You think I'm a Traitor, well that's fine. You get what you want. I'm going. Tell Master I'll be back in a year or two. If you need me Lyon will know where to find me" And with that I walked out of the door. It was a stupid move, but there's no turning back now. I'd go off to the mountains where Ur, Lyon and I use to train. I was on the streets of Magnolia now, leaving Fairy Tail for a while. It would be good for me.

I suddenly felt a pair of arms wrap around me from behind. I turned my head a saw blonde hair.

"Lucy" I practically whispered. I was shocked. Did she run after me out of the guild.

"Please don't go, I believe you" her voice was quiet. I gently unhooked her arms from around me, I turned around to face her. Her head was down.

"It's the right thing to do. You know that, don't you?" she was shaking slightly, still staring down. With my hand I tilted her head up so she was looking at me, "I'll be back. I just need a bit of time away from them" She nodded, I noticed tears in her eyes, "I'm sorry". Something inside me ached, I hadn't felt this for a long time. It felt like I was loosing something, a small part of me. I tried to smile at her, but I knew the smile looked pathetic. I turned around and walked around Magnolia.

Lucy's POV:

"I'm sorry" he said. A small smile appeared on his face, it was sort of comforting. He turned around and walked off. I don't know how to describe it, but it felt as if part of me was walking off along with him. He did mean a lot to me, but I hadn't realized before how much he meant to me. I walked back to the guild. I'd run out earlier after Gray, they were probably wondering where I was.

When I opened the door to the guild it all seemed wrong. People were still shocked by what had happened but they were just getting on with what they were doing before. I walked over to where Natsu, Wendy, Lisanna, Erza, Happy and Carla were sat.

"Hey guys" I greeted.

"Hey Luce" Natsu replied. I noticed Lisanna stare at him, a hint of jealousy in her eyes. Lisanna grabbed Natsu's arm and whispered something into his ear. He nodded and smiled. "Since Ice Princess has gone, what do you guys think about making Lisanna a permanent member of Team Natsu?" I just sat there my mouth agape. What?!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A little cliff hanger for you there. This was exactly 1,300 words. For some reason that makes me happy XD. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Thanks for reading it xxx