Chapter 14: Plans for Rescue

RIN'S P.O.V.

I pace around Mephisto's office, said demon eyeing me warily as I do so. He had brought me here shortly after Brie had been taken by Caleb. I feel the anger from the event burning deep within me, and I can feel it threatening to escape in the form of blue flames.

"You really should calm down, Rin," Mephisto says tiredly.

"How am I supposed to calm the fuck down when Brie just got kidnapped?!" I yell at him angrily. "She's gone and I don't know how to get her back!"

"You really are overreacting. You only knew for a couple of days, you can't be that attached already," he replies calmly.

I glare at him and he smirks. "You wouldn't understand...Someone like you probably isn't even capable of loving..."

Mephisto's face hardens to a deathly stare and he steps toward me, stopping mere inches away from my face. "You think I've never lost someone I loved? I've been alive for thousands of years. I've loved and lost enough times to drive a normal person into the depths of depression and insanity. Don't ever hold yourself like you are above me."

I drop my eyes from his unintentionally and back away. We are both silent for a few moments until he sighs and I make my way to his door. "I'm leaving to go tell the others what happened."

I leave Mephisto's office and slam the door behind me. I pause outside, conflicted. I feel like I should apologize, but he shouldn't have said what he did. I shake my head and walk away from the office, aiming to find the others. I leave the school and head to Bon, Shima, and Miwa's dorm. When I get there I knock on the door loudly, hoping that they're home.

"Who is it?" I hear Bon ask from the other side of the door.

"It's Rin."

The door opens and Bon stands on the other side. "What do you want?"

"Just let me come in and I'll explain," I say coldly. Bon seems to get the hint that I'm serious and let's me past. Shima and Miwa sit in front of a small television, a game controller in each of their hands. They give me confused glances as Shima pauses the game.

"What's going on, Rin?" Miwa asks with a concerned look.

"You all listening?" I ask and they nod hesitantly. "Alright. So, you guys all know how Brie's been in the infirmary because of how she went crazy and fought that goblin. Well, she woke up today-"

"That's great!" Shima exclaims with a grin.

"Yeah, it was great. But, this guy showed up and said all this crazy stuff about how Brie is an angel and that he's her brother and-"

"What?!" they all simultaneously yell at me.

"Will you guys let me finish?!" I yell back. They nod again and look at me with wide eyes. "Okay, as I was saying. This guy, Caleb, said that Brie's lost all of her memories and has to go back to Heaven to regain them. She tried to refuse, but he just picked her up, sprouted wings, and flew off with her."

They are all silent for a moment as this sinks in. Bon is the first one to speak.

"And you saw all this?" he asks.

"Well, no. I saw her kidnapped, but I wasn't there for the first half of the conversation. Mephisto explained it all to me afterward, though," I say.

"So, Brie's an angel?" Shima asks and then smiles flirtatiously. "I knew she was an angel from the moment I laid eyes on her."

Bon rolls his eyes. "The angel thing would explain how she used that weird light magic during that fight."

"How did her brother react to the fact that you and Brie are practically dating?" Shima asks teasingly.

I look at the floor. "Not well..."

"Shima, stop joking around. This is serious," Miwa says with a frown. "Brie's been kidnapped and all you're doing is making jokes."

"We need to tell the others," Bon says, nodding his head in agreement with Miwa. Shima and I also nod our heads. I turn to the door and begin to leave.

"Let's go."

~~~~~~~~~~LATER~~~~~~~~~~

"Brie's an angel?"

"Yes."

"Don't they hate demons?"

"Yeah."

"So why is she dating Rin?"

"She lost her memory."

"So, she doesn't hate demons?"

"No."

"And she's how old?"

"That's not important!"

"And Caleb is-?"

"Her brother!"

"And he kidnapped her?"

"Yes! Anymore questions?!"

"Yeah, what are we gonna do now?"

I look at the group of people before me, consisting of Bon, Miwa, Shima, Shiemi, Shura, Amaimon, Izumo, Yukio, Kuro, and Ren. Mephisto had refused to come to the meeting or to even help us. Stupid clown...

"We have to help Brie!" Ren yells into my head, worry clear in her voice. I look at her and nod.

"We have to help Brie," I say to the group in front of me.

"But how?" Shiemi asks quietly.

"Yeah, it's not like we can just waltz into Heaven," Izumo says as she crosses her arms. "Especially when two of us are the sons of Satan."

I glare at Izumo, but she is right. I hold my head in my hands and try to think of a plan.

"Having any luck without me?"

I turn and see Mephisto standing there, a smirk plastered onto his face. "What do you want?"

"It just so happens I have a plan," he says.

"Oh yeah? What?" Shura asks sassily.

Mephisto's smirk widens.

"Here's what we are going to do."