40•Chicken Souvlaki

Start from the beginning

"You hanging around here until you go?" I asked. "Yep, I need to run these pancakes off. I'll probably use your treadmill."

"Aight let me call Mike and see what time he's leaving. I know he like to sleep in on the weekends." I pulled out my phone and dialed.

He picked up and said he was leaving around ten o'clock and I told him I'd see him there. He said he was bringing KJ, and Xan. He wanted his students to meet them. Leah was working.

I was dressed and ready to go. I grabbed my keys walking to the door, with Raina following close behind. Making sure I had everything I needed, I mentally went down the list.

"Here." She handed me my watch.
"Damn, thanks babe." I shook my head.

"You are nervous." She stated while getting a piece of lint off of me and straightening out my tie. "Maybe a little bit. It'll pass though."

"You got this Punkin, just speak from your heart and remember those kids and everybody else are regular people just like you. Don't stress it." I nodded.

"You want me to say a little prayer?"

"Yes." I smiled. She grabbed both of my hands and we bowed our heads. "Dear Heavenly Father, we come to you humble in need of prayer. I would like to first say thank you. Thank you for your grace and understanding. —Lord if you could just be with Adrian and guide him on this day, show him the way through your word. We love you my God as I know you love us. Lord if you could touch his mind, body and spirit. Touch him in a way he can inspire many today. This is not about him. It's about the children. Help him God. So that he's able to help them. Again I thank you father. We are forever grateful for your unmatched and unconditional love. Amen."

"Amen." I exhaled and smiled. There was instant relief. "Thank you so much."

"No more worrying. Just like you told me back when I was in high school about to graduate, just focus on what's in front of you and stop thinking about everything at once." She reminded and it was just what I needed. It was good to finally have this back in my life. It was missing. "You're right babe. I needed to hear this. I got this." I nodded confidently.

"Ok, tell Mikey and KJ I said hi and I will call him later. I love you." She said while hugging and kissing on me. I responded by slapping her ass with pride. She doesn't realize how much her words and the way she loves me so much means to me. "I love you too, lock the door behind me and you know where the truck keys are. Don't forget your house key when you head out."

"Ok." She trailed behind. "Aight, text me whenever you can." I kissed her again before leaving out and closing the door behind. I waited to hear the deadbolt lock, then headed over to get in the car.

I got to the school did my speech and interacted with the kids. It was packed, cars were parked outside the parking lot. I reached out to a few of my industry friends and some were able to make it. I was more than thankful.

Sometimes kids need something right in front of them to stay motivated. I'm glad I was able to come through for them. I take this very serious, kids need consistency so that's what I strive to be.

The students loved KJ and Xan. They couldn't wait to see him. They said Mike talk about him so much they were anxious to meet him.

The event lasted longer than expected due to the turn out which was fine, that gave Raina more time to help with the wedding plans. Which was coming up at the end of the year.

Raina and my mama had a great time I talk to them earlier on FaceTime. Both of them seemed relaxed.

I grabbed a few items to make dinner at home instead of going out. I've been watching a lot of cooking competition shows lately so I think I'm the shit now. I texted Rai to see what time she was coming since it was getting late. She replied saying she was wrapping it up with Leah at the studio.