Chapter 1

Hey guys. This is my first Fanfic so it's probably awful. I've got a basic idea of what's going to happen but if you have any ideas throughout the story please feel free to comment or message me. Feedback, and suggestions are always welcome. Thanks for reading xx

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lucy's POV:

I looked at the man in front of me. He was down on one knee.

"I know this is kinda sudden, but Lucy Heartfilia. Will you marry me?" He asked. I could tell he was a bit nervous by the slight stutter in his voice.

I didn't know what to say. Did I love him? Yes. We'd been living together for almost a year, and dating around 7, 8 months. I'd started to have true feelings for him before we lived together. But I didn't notice them until people around me started to act differently. We had both been through tough times, mainly due to the same few people. Two people in particular.

"Luce..." Shit. I'd been lost in my thoughts. I looked him in the eyes, and I knew my answer.

"Yes, yes I will marry you" My answer was what I knew was right, what I felt deep in my heart. He stood up, cupped my face in his hand then leant down and kissed me. He pulled away and looked at me. I suddenly shivered.

"Cold?" He asked.

"A tiny bit, but not really" He handed me his jacket.

"Wanna go for a little walk?"

"Yeah" He took my hand and led me to our favourite spot. It was a ledge on the side of the mountain, big enough for two people to sit on. We sat down. I looked out at the beautiful view. The world really was a big place. But right now, knowing I'm going to spend the rest of my life with the boy I loved, I felt like the King of the World. Well Queen, but I had my King just beside me.

I looked over at him.

"Gray, your clothes!" I exclaimed. He looked at himself and realized.

"I hadn't noticed" He remarked.

"Your gonna get cold"

"Nah, I've got something that can warm me up"

"And what's that?"

"You" He pulled me towards him into a hug. "Hey give me your hands" I obeyed and held my hands out in front of him. "Shut your eyes"

"What?"

"You trust me don't you" I smiled at him then shut my eyes. I felt something cold tickle my hands, then "Open your eyes" I did. I looked down at my hands to see on my ring finger on my left hand their was a ring. It was made from ice and was a bluey, purple colour. "It's only temporary, I'll get you a proper one. But I thought this would do for now"

"I love it. And I love you" I leant up and kissed him, he kissed me back, and we sat there for a few minutes lips locked. When we eventually pulled apart for air, we both had a smile on our faces.

"I love you too Luce, and you know I will always be there to protect you"

"I know" I giggled slightly, then shivered remembering how cold it was.

"Let's get back home" He picked me up bridal style and carried me back to our house.

---

Lucy's POV:

It had been a year since we got engaged. We still weren't married though. We'd talked about it a bit before, but never set a proper date.

I was lying in our bed, my head rested on Gray's chest. On his guild mark. He was dozing peacefully beside me, one arm wrapped around my waist. I felt safe beside him, I didn't want this to end. The two of us, up in the Mountains. But I knew it had to.

I gently woke Gray up, with a small kiss on the cheek. He rolled over so he was looking at me.

"Morning Gorgeous" He whispered, even though he was whispering his voice still had it's usually husky, manly tone.

"Morning to you too" I replied. He ran his fingers through my hair. He looked at me, he could tell something wasn't right.

"Luce, what's wrong?" I sighed. I had to ask him, but I didn't want to hurt him. He propped his head up with his arm, telling me that I had his full attention.

"I've been thinking... d-do you think we should go back to Magnolia" He looked stunned, I felt I had to explain, "Come on Gray, we both knew we wouldn't spend forever here. We are members of Fairy Tail and it's been 2 years, maybe they've changed"

"You know. I've been thinking about that too. Yes there are people there who I don't want to see, but... but I want to marry you Luce, and I know there's people at Fairy Tail who you want there. And I have to say, I do miss some of them. And even though there are people there who I don't know if they will ever change, I have you to help me get through it. And you have me, always Luce." I couldn't help but smile slightly at his words.

"So what your saying is..."

"It's time for us to make our big entrance back at Fairy Tail. We told Wendy and Cana we'd be back, and stronger than ever. And you know, I reckon we stand a chance of beating Erza"

"You think?"

"Yeah"

"Gray... even though what happened was horrid, I'm sort of glad it did. Because I wouldn't be here with you now if it hadn't. We wouldn't be engaged. But your right, it's time now to go back"

I looked up at him and we kissed passionately. He gently licked my lower lip, asking for entrance. I declined toying with him. He pushed himself up and held himself on top of me, pining me down. He licked my bottom lip again, but as before I declined. I could tell it bugged him and that just made it more fun. He carefully lifted the bottom of my top and put a couple of ice cubes on my hip. It was freezing! I gasped. He took the opportunity and started to roam around in my mouth. We fought for dominance, but as usual he won. I giggled slightly and as I kissed him, I started to forget about what happened in the past. We'd get to go back to Fairy Tail engaged. I'd always have him. And that made me happy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1,201 words. I'll try and make all the chapters around this length. I've already started working on the next chapter which is a flash back to 2 years ago so you can find out what happened. I'll try to update soon. Thanks again for reading it. xxx