Prequel

I sat under a tree, staring up at the clouds and listening to the birds. It was a quiet day, as expected. The grass was swaying with the light breeze and the random patches of flowers danced along.

"You're still up here?" I turned around and saw my friend walking up the little hill. I smiled and nodded my head. It was too perfect of a day to not be here.

"Come on. Let's head back and get some lunch, I'm hungry." I got up and did as told, following him and his little cat.

-----

We walked to the little bakery in town and each bought a cookie. We sat outside, in our usual spot, and ate. His black hair moving lightly with the wind and his red eyes full of joy as he ate.

"Rogue? aren't you going to feed Frosch?" I asked eyeing the hungry looking furball.

"Hmm? Oh.. yeah, of course." He took off half of his dessert and gave it to Frosch, who looked more than happy to have it.

By the time we stopped eating it was getting late and I had to head home. We walked together ,like normal, talking about our days and his progress with magic. It always amazes me at how strong he got each and every day. My goal is to one day beat him, but I know I'm nowhere near as strong as he is. After a while of walking we wound up in front of the gates Spade Estates.

"I'll see you tomorrow right?" I asked before I walked in.

"No, Frosch and I have to go now."

"Again?" I asked looking at him with hope that he might be joking. Unfortunately, I knew he wasn't. I sighed, knowing I was going to be alone for a while longer.

"I'll come back to visit like before." He said trying to cheer me up.

"Promise?"

"I promise Ashe." He smiled and hugged me goodbye. Frosch gave me a flower and said "bye" with tear filled eyes. I watched as my only friends walked away.

I guess I just have to wait... I cried to myself as I walked inside my lonely house and sat in my room, just waiting for the next time I get to see my Rogue.

Hey guys, so this is my first fan fiction/story ever (other than ones I had to write in school) so please, any suggestions and comments are welcome :) just don't be too rude please. Thank you for reading and I hope to hear from you more. Oh and if you haven't already, you should go check out chello_8893, her stories are incredible! No, we're not close but her stories inspired me to try my own so this is the least I can do. Ok, I'm done rambling now, enjoy <3