Wanted

The next morning he delivered the tests to Gage.

"Don't worry, I'll take care of everything from here bud," he said.

"You can do it, Gage," said Leif. "I know you can."

Gage smiled "Thanks for all your help."

Then he left for school. Leif also went to school and saw something he didn't expect. A picture of a masked person in the office of a principal from Section Tech.

If you see this person inform law enforcement immediately. It said on the poster. His eyes widened. It was him. Why was it at his school?

"Weird right?" asked Phoenix from behind him "Looks just like the mask some guy wore at the Blaze Dance."

"Huh?" said Leif trying to be as curious about if as Phoenix was.

"Hey did you end up going to the dance?"

"No, Robbyn didn't end up coming so I just went to the skate park," he said.

Phoenix nodded. "They think this guy might be hopping sections," said Phoenix. "Do you think he's the same guy from the dance?"

"Probably not," said Leif. "Maybe that guy's mask was stolen by somebody."

"Why would they need to steal a mask when they could just make one?" asked Phoenix.

Leif shrugged, "Why does anyone do anything?"

He still wasn't comfortable with lying to everyone, but he knew he had to if he was going to be free. After school, he went to meet with Jordan. He still wore his mask and she wore hers. It seemed awkward now... The two of them being together.

"What about these masks?" he asked suddenly?

"What about them?" she asked.

"I think we can probably take them off now," he said.

"No," she said. "We've already broken so many laws."

"But there's no going back now. It's done, don't you think it's silly to wear these after all we've done?"

"It might be silly, but I don't want to."

"Don't you want to see me?"

She stayed silent.

"What's wrong?"

"I kinda like the mystery," she said.

"Really? That's the part I don't like."

"Can't we wait just a bit longer?" she asked.

"Fine, if you want."

"Thanks..."

There was an awkward pause.

"What should we do?" asked Leif, standing up. "This weirdness has gone on long enough..."

"What do you mean?" she asked also standing.

"We have to do something."

"Do what?"

"Something stupidly insane!" he said. "Something that'll knock the ball out of the park."

Her brows furrowed. He walked closer to her. They stared into each other's eyes.

"Leave with me."

Her eyes grew wide. She started to back away, but he reached through the fence and took her hand.

"Please," he said. "Don't you see that this isn't right?"

"What are you talking about?"

"The segregation of the Sections. The separation of people. The government is controlling everything we do. We have to get out of their loop."