XII

~ Marcy 

Although I completely trashed the entire case ordeal  somewhere within the walls of my mind, I had More important matters to stress over.

Right now I was at home, more specifically in my training room.
The defining dark walls, used to close in on me. But I'm not exactly breathing anymore so...it makes since that I wouldn't have an anxiety attack.

I lived almost a century in my own hell before I ruled it, so don't expect me not to have nightmares over something so traumatic.
I've been in hell so long, it feels almost as if I were created there.

The only way I was going to be able to channel my energy was if I could think straight.
Something about my body feels completely different.

I'd expect the two Scalding hot Pieces of leather that have sprouted from my back; to be the problem...but it wasn't.

It was my mental state of mind.

I saw...

my child.

it had been so
Long since I had seen my child. I was so close to being able to hold her..
To be able to smell the hair that was once anointed in a sweet scented aura.

To be able to feel her warmth safely tucked against my chest.

To be able to see her kind, beautiful hazel eyes
Stare up at me...in ominous wonder.

My gaze fell to the floor. I felt a scalding twinge , kiss the tips of my fingers; I hissed in pain.

I sigh, and reveal my wings; unfolding them from my back.
The light Shined against the red tips, which leaked in through the cracks in the walls.

You wouldn't expect such a room to exist in this kind of house.
A large beautiful mini mansion with a pool and a bar...which consists of a dark Creepy room beneath the surface of the earth.
This training room wasn't exactly a training room. This room, was the very reason I bought this place to begin with.

Right?

There was something about this room that opened up the dark void deep within my chest. Something that had long been hidden away for centuries.

I caught a glimpse of my reflection in the foggy old mirror, beneath the hole in the wall.
My eyes were gleaming a vibrant-flaming bright red.

I couldn't take deep breathes to calm my Rage...I just couldn't breathe at all. I knew I didn't actually need to breathe, but something in my mind just kept saying I needed to.

I couldn't take the overwhelming heat pressing down on my chest.
I grunted, clenching my hand around my neck. My eyes oozed a thick Bright light.

I fell onto one knee, slamming my fist into the ground; the rage engulfing my brain in a Churning darkness- then Something I didn't expect, happened.

The ground shook; pieces of the floor chipped away in shambles.
A crack emerged from the center, slowly pulling itself apart.

A long black twig-shaped piece of metal levitated from the center.
I stood in awe, as my feet levitated; pulling my body towards the source of the object.

I did the only thing my mind was telling me to do at that point. I reached my hand out, as far as possible. The tips of my fingers brushed the boiling hot object, but I didn't flinch back in pain nor hissed at its Heat. I steadily kept reaching, until finally my hands coiled around the object.

A loud explosion of energy hit my entire body, sending me careening through the sealing.
For the second time in this story, I felt as my spine smashed against the ceiling, this time though I was flying backwards. Into the sky.