Chapter twenty-one

Start from the beginning

“There was a mass rogue siting at the west part of our territory.”

“Why not send out more worriers?” I asked him and he shook his head.

“A vampire was spotted with them.” Although I had never met a vampire I already knew they were bad news. A battle between werewolves, vampires and humans had decided to go grow their own species. It was a long story that was very patchy at parts but the vampires believes they should be able to turn into an animal as well but the ‘shifters’ at the time had not allowed it and so we split off from each other.

Anyway back to the subject in hand “what are we going to do?” I asked him and he sighed.

“I’ll have to bring my warriors in. I will not risk their lives just so they can run the boarder. They should be here when they attack.”

“Attack?”

“Vampires are always sited before they attack on a pack. I wouldn’t of been surprised that they were trying to attack us but with them getting help from rogues I see it very unlikely that half the pack will even survive-“ I instantly slapped him across the face. How dare he think like that?

“Don’t you ever, ever say that again.” I growled at him and he nodded slowly before shaking his head and reaching past me to grab a piece of paper.

“Surviving a vampire attack is very rare for an alpha but I don’t care. I will fight for my pack. We have to prepare now.” He pushed himself from the chair as I began to take in his words. “This time you seriously have to stay here.” He said leaning forward and kissing my forehead. “Please.” I nodded at his words as he left and shifted myself into his black chair.

Rarely?

Isaac’s POV (Yay he’s back)

“You five gather up your group of warriors and protect the west wing. We must make sure they are well protected and make sure all the maids and cooks are in there as well. Being anywhere else in the house is not something that can be questioned. Make sure it’s everyone.” The five nodded their heads before they began to lock down the west wing and I hoped it was tight security for them. “You four, I want you to go through the gardens and tell any of the humans or werewolves out there to get inside and in the west wing.” They nodded as they set off towards the garden. I looked at the last three. “And you three. I want you to bring all scouts in.” They bowed before leaving me alone with Kent. Kent shifted from leg to the other was he was trying to get in the action.

“Calm.” I told him placing a hand on his shoulder. “You’ll be able to do something soon. First you have to help me get everyone out of the hospital wing. They are most important right now.” He nodded following me towards the hospital wing. I could already see doctors trying to help ones who couldn’t walk towards the west wing. I stopped a nurse who was packing up a first aid kit. “Where are the rest?” I asked her and she nodded down the hall.

“It’s been hard to get them to move. It’s the children I’m more worried about. We haven’t been able to get to them yet.”

“Children are always f-“

“Yes alpha but everyone started bombarding towards the west wing and the children had to be kept in their room. I’m sorry al-“

“Forget the first aid kit. Help me carry the children.” She nodded and led us the way towards the small children’s ward I had arranged in the last few years. The ones which were left were orphans which parents had died some way or another. As soon as they saw me they all quietened down and I lifted the young girl from her bed and placed her on my shoulder. “Who can’t walk?” No one raised their hand as Kent began to pick up two of the babies which were deathly ill by the looks of their faces.

“Okay now everyone pair up with a partner and choose me or Kent to follow.” I said as they quickly shifted into pairs. I nodded and started to leave them towards the West wing. Glancing behind me every second of the way to make sure they were all there. I quickly counted every time to make sure everyone was there. Thankfully they were. When we were in the West Wing I quickly found someone to take care of them and I heard a howl from the nearby forest.

Both of our heads snapped up as people shifted around us more urgent to get into the wing. “They’re closer than I thought.” I muttered and I glanced towards my office finally deciding to move my mate to a safe place. Kent followed my gaze and raised an eyebrow.

“You’re fully mated now?” I nodded my head and he clapped me on the back “May I be able to bring my mate to safety as well?”

“Yes you may.” I told him and he nodded his head as he hurried up the stairs to his mate. While I was on the outside praying that no harm would come to mine.

Lauren’s POV

What seemed like hours later the two doors burst open so see a worried looking Isaac.

“What is it?” I instantly asked as he marched towards me and pulled me into a hug. “Hey, what’s wrong?” he said leading me over towards the bookcase.

“Their much closer than we originally thought.”

“So you’re going to read books?” I asked him confused and he looked at me and sighed.

“This house has more secrets then you should know. Here.” He grabbed the side of the large bookcase and pulled it sideways out of the way so that a small door appeared. He put his hand on the small of my back.

“W-where are we going?” I stuttered and he looked at me before leading me into a small room with no doors or windows… or anything but a mattress and a few blankets which I guess was to keep me warm.

“Lauren. When it’s finished either I or Kent will come for you. If you hear anyone else I want you to take this gun” he said finally handing me a gun “And shoot them. Right here.” He said putting it into my hands and then resting the barrel against his heart. “it will be an instant death shot. Except if it’s a vampire then you have to change.”

“But I-“ He shook his head.

“Just trust your wolf when she says that it’s time to change.”

“O-okay.” I muttered and he kissed me one last time before leaving me in the dark.

Okay so what did you think?

Vote, commment and Fan