prequel 2: the promise of a prince

rain pours hard and dark clouds envelops a far away town where Yngway lives. Ahkud is the name of the said town. over populated and the home of many people who seek refuge from the tyranny of countless bandits, mercenaries, and criminals; whos homes has been ravaged and razed.

Ahkud is run by a cowardly but pure hearted baron named Edmund (although most people call him chief for some reason). he has kept the town of Ahkud somewhat peaceful by bribing an unreasonable amount to mercenaries (the black locust) to keep other bandits from visiting their town.

on the muddy, unpaved streets of the slums called saltrun, a middle-aged woman carrying a basket of fish on her back, is running panickly. not minding that she's rudely bumping against other villagers that she passes by: "sorry!" "please excuse me!" "I'm in a hurry" are what she says as she run. as she runs, she suddenly stops, her slightly wrinkled eyes widen as she saw blood stains on the ground. she then removed the basket of fish on her back and threw it away, and run once again.

the lady started to hyperventilate and her eyes are red, unable to know if she is crying or not due to the rain, despite of that she continued to run. she then entered a bathhouse and slipped on it's floors but still continued to where she seems to be going. "Alexandria!.. Alexandria!!" she yells. she then saw the keeper of the bathhouse, Alexandria's Aunt, Mercy.

"Aunt mercy! My son.. please, where is he?"

"my dear, don't panic.. they're upstairs-" Aunt mercy calmly said, but the distressed lady went on her way without Aunt mercy finishing.

as she enters the room "Yngway!" she exclaimed. she saw Yngway resting on a bed with a gauze cloth on her face and besides him on a chair is Alexandria with her eyes all puffy.

"my son.. thank god you're safe" she whispers as tears fall down on her cheeks. Alexandria stands up and approached Yngway's mother. "your son is a hero Mrs. Victoria" Alexandria then embraced her. "be proud" she continued.

Victoria, Yngway's mom weeped harder and Hugged Alexandria as well. "Uhmm Mrs. Victoria? Yngway is just sleeping, he's very far from any danger now"  

"It's not that my dear.."

"huh?"

"My fishes, I threw them away earlier when i'm hurrying my way here"

"fishes?? (gasp) don't tell me??"

"yes, the salmon and tuna. the ones you've been craving for months now"

Alexandria's imaginary image of Salmon stew and grilled tuna crashed like a broken glass

"bb..but i've waited for a month for that.. mmmh waahhh!" Alexandria started to cry as well while hugging Yngway's mom.

lying on the bed, Yngway started to breath heavily and perspire; it seems that he's having a nightmare. 

"please spare the children, they mean nothing to any of you!"

yngway starts to dream of  village houses that is being burned to the ground, men being killed, and women being raped. amidst the whole town's state of chaos; he finds himself running while holding the hands of a younger Alexandria, and her brother in front of him whos leading their escape.

"bradley?"

Alexandria suddenly tripped and lets go of Yngway's slightly charred hand. a small bunny plush toy fell from her other hand. running towards her is a stampeding horse about to trample her. "big brother!!" she cried, her big brother, Bradley, dashed to her and sweeps her from the horse's path. Yngway just watched as he sat in a corner, shaking  and couldn't do anything. "Yngway! come on!" Bradley called who is now the one holding her younger sister. Yngway with a blank face just nodded, he then saw Alexandria's toy and picked it up.