I kill the people.

Start from the beginning

"You've seen the former L's face... the same as the rest of the taskfoce. Kira needs a name and a face to kill, therefore... Kira must be among you." Nate turns to him with wide eyes. "You understand where I'm coming from, don't you?"

Mogi's lips remain tightly sealed.

"The 13-day rule is fake... and now Light Yagami is acting as L. Correct?"

We wait.

Nate pouts in an annoyed sort of way. "Mello, he isn't talking. There's a possibility that he's being controlled by Kira not to tell us anything."

"If he doesn't say anything, I think we can assume that Kira is amongst the task force. There's no reason for him not to cooperate." Mihael munches on chocolate in the background. "I actually had a bunch of guys text the notebook in a number of ways, but nobody died after 13 days."

"The writer will not die if they do not write another name within 13 days. Does anything about that strike you as odd, Mogi?" Nate presses.

Nate and Mihael are working together to put pressure on the taskforce to plant a seed of mistrust amongst them.

I guess that should work, if they can get the taskforce on Nate's side then Light is in trouble.

They need Light to make a move that gives them an opportunity.

The two of them are well aware that Light Yagami is the new L, and that his confinement was meaningless.

It's not unlikely that Mihael will just go and blow Light up...

Oh well, whatever.

【L】

I am literally about to give birth.

Ok, not about to...

But like, my due date is tomorrow.

And I'm still not in a hospital or anything.

"What happens when I go into labour or whatever?" I ask Nate, feeling a little concerned about his passivity.

"Don't worry, I'll get a hold of someone to help out. You might need a caesarean, worst case scenario."

"No, worst case scenario is I die. AND YOU SEEM TO THINK I CAN JUST SIT HERE LIKE NOTHING IS EVEN HAPPENING?"

Nate approaches me. "Don't worry, I'll take care of you," he says.

I sigh wearily. "Ok... I'm counting on you..."

Unfortunately, that riot is about to begin.

And I would not like to die today.

Soo...

"YO, NEAR THERE ARE SOME DODGY LOOKIN' PEOPLE GATHERING OVER THERE!"

"Oh..." He takes a look out the window for the first time in his life. "Kira supporters... Freya, I would feel much more at ease if you were with Mello right now. These people spell trouble for us... but at least I can be certain that Kira is acting from amongst the taskforce."

"You were worried the power had been passed on? Like with Higuchi?"

"There was a very, very small chance." Nate requests that Halle accompany me. "You know where Mello is, I take it?"

Halle looks flustered.

"Please take Freya to him, if things get nasty she will not be able to get out in her condition."

"WHaAt?"

"I'm not taking you through a large riot," Nate states. "That's completely insane."

"Fine..." I grab my coat and my bag and follow Halle who does the same.