37•Back Home

Zacznij od początku

"No." She simply stated. "How was your flight? How's Rai?" She quickly changed the subject. I left it alone. As I said didn't want to be pushy.

"The flight was ok, a lot of turbulence. The weather was kind of bad in DC." I paused smiling a little, which made her finally look up at me. "Rainas good."

"You're blushing." A smile crept up on her face. "I'm black, I don't blush." I chuckled.

"Whatever, everyone blushes. You can't even stop yourself from smiling, with your red face." She

"I don't turn red." I stated jokingly, knowing my pale ass was a shade or two lighter than her.

"Anyways." She giggled. "What's going on with you and Rai?" I tucked my lips, trying to hide my smile. "I love her and I was willing to do whatever it took to get her back."

"So did you get her back?" She inquired. "Yes and now she's stuck with me, because I'm not going anywhere this time." I beamed.

"You just make sure you're good to her, —always." I caught a small glimpse of pain in my mamas eyes, that hurt me to my core.

"I will." I took a moment to look at her. She gave me a weak smile. She's stressed and exhausted. "I don't want to see her go through this so don't ever worry about that."

"Good." She stared at me before looking back down at the book.

There was a knock on the door. I'm assuming it was pops. Mama was about to get up to answer it but I gestured for her to sit back down. "I'll get it. Pops said he was coming here. So I'm about to go talk to him."

"Ok. I'll be here with my book." She raised it. "Ok, you want me to get you anything?" I asked.

"No Dri I'm ok. You go ahead." She shooed.

"You sure?"

"Yes. I'm positive." She gave me a little smile. I left the room and headed toward the front of the house. I peeped through one of the  windows and saw it was him. He was seated on the step. I slowly opened the door. "Your key doesn't work anymore?"

"I didn't want to just come inside." He replied not able to look a me.

"Why were you on your way over here when I text then?" I kept the questions coming

"I said I didn't want to just come in. I didn't say I wasn't trying to see her. I'm still making an effort to have a conversation with your mother. I've been giving her the space she asked for and I was coming here to see if she wanted to talk." He replied while still seated.

"You coming inside or you staying out here?" I stood behind him at the door.

"We can stay out here." I closed the front door then stood leaning on one of the deck post. It was quiet for a moment.

"Ask me whatever you want to ask me Dri." He turned around a little sitting sideways still not able to look me in my eye.

"Ok, why you do this shit to my mama?" I asked easily. His head shook. "I don't know."

"Nah —Nah, —nope —you gotta tell me something other than that. Man to man look me in my eyes and say something. Why did you do this shit?" I asked a little louder.

He sat up straight and turned directly towards me. He looked up at me shaking his head while tears rolled slowly down his face. "I'm sorry Jr. I love your mother, with all of my heart. I messed up, terribly." His lip started quivering, he continued to shake his head in disbelief. "I never deserved somebody like your mother."

"Nah this isn't gon' cut it. It's not good enough. How in the hell yo' old ass got a baby on the way? —Karmas a bitch, watch." I angrily spat. His tears didn't phase me. He could dry that shit up. I didn't come there for that.

I stood up straight, pissed off pinching the bridge of my nose trying to calm down. He was quiet so I spoke. "I don't want to be disrespectful. Even though you clearly have been. I need more time because all of my life I've been nothing but honest with you. No matter what it was. Even with moments I'm not proud of."

He remained quiet. So I continued.
"Melanie tried to get with me, you already know that. I told you about that and you know that's the reason why I had to let her go because she wouldn't stop. So now you're telling me, you— my dad has a baby on the way by the same chick who tried to get with me. Plus she had sex with one of my friends."

"How many times y'all messed around?" I continued.

"You really want to have this conversation Dri-"

"You know what pops, tell me what you want me to know and then I'll just leave with that." I started losing my patience. I was pacing back and forth. "You know what, never mind don't say shit else to me."

I walked down the steps passing him and headed straight to my truck. "Dri, wait." He stood up dusting the back of his pants off walking over towards me. I stopped.

"A week before we got our landlines switched over at the office is when she started coming on to me. She would flirt and say things. I brushed it off. Then it kept happening, that turned into her asking to join me for lunch. —We never just had lunch. And it was a few times. It started out with her pleasing me. Then it escalated over time."

"So that's why she was so nervous when I saw her on your level when I was leaving your office. She was speeding to get to the elevator." I said more to myself, putting the pieces together.

"Wait! So you mean to tell me, y'all had just got done having full-blown sex when I came in your office? The same day I was telling you about me needing to break it off with Raina." I yelled.

He sighed. "Dri, look-"

"You're unbelievable! Well congratulations on being a dad again old man. You knew that was the one thing mama always wanted, was more kids." I turned away from him and went to get in my truck.

I pulled out my phone and called my mama. "Hello." She greeted.

"Hey, I'll be back by tomorrow to check up on you. I need to get some air." I huffed out.

"He's still out there?"

"Yeah, I think he's trying to talk to you." I watched him.

"Just tell him I need more time, I'm trying to deal with myself and my emotions right now. I don't feel like it today." Her voice shook.

"Ok, go ahead and get some rest. I'll tell him. Oh and we can watch the sermon online together tomorrow too." The pastor let the video all week just in case folks missed it.

"Ok Dri, I love you my sweet boy."

"I love you too." We hung up and I relayed the message to my dad and waited until he left before I did.

{Song in M/M: "Forever Don't Last" By Jazmine Sullivan}

{Thanks a bunch, please don't forget to share, Vote and Comment}

{Song in M/M: "Forever Don't Last" By Jazmine Sullivan} {Thanks a bunch, please don't forget to share, Vote and Comment}