Chapter 7

Maho watches the match on a high place overlooking the practice arena. She used a binoculars to focus on it. Katyusha, who is the referee on top of her tall KV-2 tank beside the former, took an opportunity to talk to her off-radio.
"Hey, Maho." She seeks her attention.
"Yes?" She said without taking away her attention to the match.
"How's your life outside Kuromorimine?"
"Just fine, with my sister, who is better than me."
"Your sister?" But she can't continue because she spoke through the radio saying, "One Pravda tank down, 4 more to go."
"What was that?"
"Sorry. I can't focus on the match. I'm observing the match, like you but I actually need to talk to you."
"About what? Sensha-do?"
"Ha! Oh," She again spoke through radio saying, "Two Ooarai tanks down in one blow. Three more to go." Then, she turn her attention to Maho saying, "I heard rumors about you transferring to Germany."
"No. Not yet."
Katyusha was surprised. This almost lost her concentration on the battle but spoke through the radio saying, "Both sides have one tank only. Good luck, both of you."
She looked at Maho, thinking that she needs time of her own but it too lost her concentration when the latter said, "Katyusha, the Pravda tank was disabled. Ooarai wins."
"Oh right," She said and spoke through the radio saying, "All Pravda tanks were destroyed. Ooarai wins this practice match!"

After the match, all of the participants took lunch at Saint Basil's Eatery[1] near the Red Avenue and Pravda's school on land. They were served with Russian cusine and ate them in formal Russian tradition.

While they were walking towards the port, and back to the Ooarai school ship, Maho received a call.
"Yes?"
"It's Erika."
"I know. I can tell from your voice. What's up?"
"I just want to say Merry Christmas even though the gift will be there too late."
"What is it?"
"The thing you're asking, of course."
"Well, thank you then. It's okay if you can't bring it now but hopefully you will bring it before the match."
"Okay, I'll keep you updated."
"Thank you."
"Erika out."
She dropped the call.

Meanwhile, at Kuromorimine Girls Academy, Erika was approached by the Grand Principal in person.
"Erika,"
"Yes, Madam. What brings you here?"
"Nothing so important. I just want to say that I'm proud of you improving the morale of this school." She pat her shoulders to confirm her proudness. "Keep it going! I'll see you later."
When she is out of her sight, one of the members of the school's Wagen Club approached her and spoke.
"Erika, we have a very good discovery. You might wanna be interested if you come with us."
"And who do you might be?"
"Oh right. I'm Zaika Yoake, captain of the Kuromorimine Wagen Club. I heard about your plan to Maho and we are going to help you."
"How did you know about this? I don't tell anyone." She asked curiously.
"I spy you whenever you go off your usual route. I always knew your usual routes."
She hesitated.
"I don't meant to bring her back. She requested it before she left. Anyways, what was that thing you 'discovered'?"
"Come along then."

They went to their workshop and she showed her the thing behind the large door, being repairing by her club.
"Tiger I, late production model." She explains, "This huge and powerful beast has a steel interleaving road wheels and a pattern different from the earlier models. Look! A shorter commander's cupola. We will modify it with extra width on the tracks to cope with snow and mud in equal speed without causing problems to the engine. The engine will be fixed and modified to minimize the heating problems it frequently happened although it may mean that it will lessen the horsepower and therefore slow the tank."
"What about the shells?" Erika asked. Zaika hand her one of the tank shells and explains.
"Federation-approved HVAP shell. High-Velocity, Armor Penetrating."
"I know what it meant."
"It will inflict damage to tough armor at about a mile and a half. It will also be acquired with a standard Federation-approved AP shell."
"When this tank will be ready?"
"From a few days until two months, I think?"
"And how we're gonna transport this?"
"We'll find a way."
"Thanks for the info. You update me on the tank as much as possible." Erika said and left the garage.
"Okay."

Footnotes:
[1] It resembles the famous building except having the Pravda school flag on its highest point.

EDITED: 21. März, 2021