Eleven

NINE HOURS UNTIL OPENING

Ran:

"Mic check mic check?"

"Read you loud and clear Aux."

"In a few hours, we'll be out of here."

"Then let's get to it."

"Relax Ran, we are working on my schedule now. Just follow my orders and we'll be good."

We are down to our last bit of gear, if we don't get out soon, we won't have
any supplies left to fight. We broke out our wireless microphones. I've encrypted them with some of my best hacking tech. Still, the police are always updating they'er gear.

"Ok George, put your finger on the scanner."

He nods and slowly sets his finger down on the scanner attached to the wall. The machine comes to life and scans his finger, then powers off again.

I sigh. "Aux no luck here. Tsk, anything?"

"No, I got the wrong manager, Boops?"

"No cash here either."

I punch the wall in disbelief.

"Aux! The managers don't have it!"

"What? Crap."

"Now what?"

I retie George's hands and bring him back out the the main floor to sit with the other hostages. Aux pokes his head out from the bay area and waves for me to come back. I quickly jog back there and close the door.

"Aux, this isn't good."

"Ran slow down and think. Why don't the managers have the key?"

"Aux, the probability of me figuring that out is one in one hundred, maybe more!"

"Not true.Who would you trust the key to all your money to if you died?"

"That's easy. I'd give it to Tsk. We've been on plenty jobs in the past. I know that if it came down to it he would protect it."

"So, this may sound crazy, but I think one of thoes guards has the key."

"What?"

"Think about it Ran. They carry guns on them twenty-four seven and they always move in groups."

"What made you think of that?"

"Why would the police just give us the names of the people who have the key?"

"They are stalling. They'er going to attack soon!"

"Maybe not, but maybe just bying time to figure out the next move."

"We don't have enough gear for to many more assaults. "

"Then let's get these guards to open up the safes. "

"What if the guards don't have it?"

"Well, of it's not them, then, we're out of luck."