40 - The Real LN

Chapter 40

Every guest sat in their respective seats outside in the courtyard. The stage made for the wedding was set up. An elegant path of white rose petals trailed up to the stage, where an elegant priest in white robes stood with a bible in his withered hands.

Everyone’s heads turned as Angel entered, clearing his throat loud enough to bring all attention to himself. The groom marched up to the priest and turned to all the guests, a sickeningly sweet grin on his lips. He told everyone they could eat the cake. Children guests gobbled up their slices like candy, and adults calmly munched on their slices. People chatted about the rich flavor, the good consistency, and then-

“Silence everyone!” Angel exclaimed, gathering everyone’s attention. The already rather quiet chatter ceased. “I’d like to introduce you to a very special woman. The real Ms. LN.” He stretched his hand outward, motioning for everyone to look behind them. There you stood in your wedding dress, a light and see through veil covering your face. Everyone could see who you were however, your eyes remained on the floor in shame.

A bouquet of white roses was in your hand, a thorn digging into your palm but not making you bleed. You would rather be in the pain than focus on what was about to happen.

“What kind of joke is this?” Mrs. LN said, jumping to her feet. You didn’t look at her, however. You knew exactly who she was and who she was to you. “Where is Miranda?”

“Mrs. LN,” Angel said loudly, motioning for you to begin walking up the aisle. You did as instructed. “I’d like to remind you that your daughter Miranda was not your only child.” The woman raised an eyebrow.

“Our second daughter is dead,” she spat. “How dare you bring up such a tragic event on a happy day like this! Cornelius, I-”

“What was your daughter’s name?” he said, glaring at the woman as though he was imagining how to tear her to pieces. She glared and began to protest. “Stop it, Rochelle. Your daughter’s name was YN. YN LN. And this…” He pointed to you, a proud smirk on his face. “This is YN LN, assumed to be adopted by Sarah and Dominic LN. And yet, she herself has told me otherwise.”

All eyes in the room turned to you, and you felt as though you would throw up or pass out. You tightened your grip on the roses, the pain of the thorn keeping you still.

“D-Do… do you mean that this… this is-” began Mr. LN, standing up and beginning to approach you hesitantly. He reached out to touch your face. You would have welcomed the touch if it weren’t for Angel.

“Don’t touch her!” Angel venomously spat at the introverted man, who reacted by jumping away from you. “You and your wife gave up searching for her as an infant merely weeks after she disappeared, then proceeded to forget of her existence! Now you dare to attempt to touch her as though she’s your child. Stand back from her this instant, Alistair!” The older man sighed and looked at you sadly. His wife was outraged.

“Where is Miranda!? Where is my daughter!? Don’t tell us that this… this… street rat, is our dead daughter!” Angel leapt off the stage and approached the three standing in the aisle. All eyes where on the scene unfolding and the scandal being uncovered.

“Why do you insist that your youngest is dead? They never found a body, did they? She was kidnapped. It seemed as though you wanted her gone, from how fast you got over her disappearance.”

“Silence, you wretched boy!”

“Angel!” exclaimed Mrs. Cosimo, standing and running to her son. “Stop it right this instant! What is she doing here? We sent her home to Goding. How is she back here?” The blonde glared his mother in the eye.

“I brought her back.”

“B-But… Why?!”

“Because, Mother,” he spat her title as though it left a bad taste in his mouth. Angel took your hand, causing you to drop the bouquet of white roses. You didn’t react much. Your (e/c) eyes remained on the floor, tears beginning to form on your cheeks.

You couldn’t do anything to fight back. He had blackmail on you. You felt like a doll, watching as someone played out your life for you, and you didn’t get a say.

“This is our wedding now.” There were gasps in the crowd.

“WHERE IS MIRANDA!?” Mrs. LN screeched at Angel.

“Your bitch of a daughter is dead, Mrs. LN,” Angel spat at her, tightening his grip on your hand. You winced at the feeling. There were gasps, and then a groaning in the crowd. Everyone looked to a little boy with curly red hair, hunched over in his seat.

He fell over, not breathing. Everyone began screaming…. Everyone but Angel, who began laughing. You looked around terrified, being forced into the moment.

“It’s useless!” he screamed over the horrified crowds. “You’ll all be dead soon.” People began screaming and trying to run, call for help, anything! The nearby phone towers had been, basically, turned off, and there was no wifi. They were trapped.

People began stampeding towards the door, and the flood of guests allowed you to rip your arm from Angel’s grasp. He screeched your name when he felt you pulled away, but he was knocked down by angry men who began beating him senselessly.

You raced as quickly as you could, lifting your skirt behind you. Tears flowed down your cheeks and you ripped the veil out of your hair, leaving it behind to be trampled on. You had to get your clothes before you got out of there. You hadn’t eaten the cake, so you would be fine, but you could get out and get help.

Running up a flight of stairs, someone grabbed your wrist, halting your movement. You nearly screamed, thinking it was Angel, only to find it was a familiar looking girl.

“A-Akiko?” you asked. She put a finger over her mouth, telling you to be quiet. She lead you upstairs and into an empty room.

“YN,” she gasped, clutching her stomach.

“Y-You ate the cake…” you muttered. Akiko nodded.

“He… Angel k-killed W…. Whit… Whitney…” she gasped. “For y-you…” Her weakening grip on your hand loosened as she fell to her knees. You collapsed beside her, terrified for her wellbeing.

The young girl took a small, opened package out of her pocket and thrust it into your hands.

“Y-You can’t…. You can’t let him g-get you…” The young girl then fell over, limp on the wooden floor. You looked at the package, terrified. Wrapped in the white paper was a slice of the cake, only one bite taken out of it.

If you ate it, you would die in a while. The effects would take a while.

Or, you could not eat the cake, and continue trying to escape.

So… What will you do, YN?

*****
The story is coming to a close! Both endings will either be published today or tomorrow. I'm not sure.

Happy easter!

Don't forget to vote and comment! Have a nice day!