19 - Whitney

Chapter 19

“My name is Whitney, Miss. Whitney Aneroga.”

Hot damn! The boy standing in front of you couldn’t be human! He was far too pretty to be human. Was he siren? Was he an angel- You internally cringed at the thought of comparing this boy to anything related to your fiance.

No, this Whitney Boy had to be nothing less than a god. He bowed slightly to you, taking your hand in his and kissing your knuckles gently, like a butterfly to a rose.

“Might I know the name of the bride to be?” And just like that, you forgot your name.

“Y-YN,” you stuttered. “YN LN.” He sighed deeply, a smile on his silken lips.

“YN, such a beautiful name for such a beautiful girl.” You blushed brightly and looked to the floor of the patio you both stood upon. “May I have this dance, Ms. LN?”

“But… There’s no music.” God, you felt like such a stupid cliche movie character. But that didn’t stop you from savoring the moment. Hell, if your life was a story on Wattpad or something, hundreds of fangirls would totally kill to be in your place right then. Whitney smiled at you, his lavender eyes twinkling like stars.

“Who needs music?” His husky whisper sent a shiver down your spine as his strong arms guided your hands to their spots. One hand on his shoulder, the other encased in his own. His other hand landed gently on your waist, a guiding force that made you feel as though all time stopped for just a moment.

Whitney’s voice began humming through his body, a small tune you had never heard before. Out of instinct, you rested your head upon his chest and he spotted humming for a moment out of surprise. Feeling you relax into his touch, he continued humming and looked up at the stars. He frowned slightly at the sight of the stars and stopped humming causing you to look at him with worry evident in your eyes.

“Whitney? What’s wrong?” He looked down at you, a sadness in his eyes. You felt your heart stop.

“Nothing, YN. Nothing at all.” You knew he was lying, and you had no intentions of allowing him to get away with lying to you.

“No, Whitney. What is it?” He smirked, but his eyes were still sad.

“You’re so brilliant, YN. Such a bright young girl…” There was a hesitant pause, and the two of you stopped swaying in the night. “Such a bright young girl…” He repeated the phrase, releasing your waist and bringing his hand up to your cheek to gently caress your face. “...Who is marrying my cousin…”

You pulled away. Whitney didn’t move from his spot, his arms not moving from where you had been staying not even seconds prior. With Whitney, you had forgotten about Angel for a moment. You forgot about marriage and Katsuro, work and money, home and Italy, everything.

Thoughts clicked together in your mind, adding to a mystery and an answer. You looked to Whitney, who sadly smiled at you as if he could see the gears turning in your head.

“You’re Angel’s cousin, right? The one who tried to kill him?” Whitney chuckled and slid his hands in his pockets. His eyes danced on the ground for a moment before turning to look back at you.

“Dear YN, is that what he told you? If so, Cornelius lied to you. Angel tried to kill me first, darling.” You raised an eyebrow.

“Why?” Whitney shrugged.

“We’ll never know, I guess. Everyone has always been afraid of Angel, even from the youngest of ages. I’m younger than him by a year, and yet he’s always been jealous of what I’ve gotten. Even after all of my misfortune.” He looked up at the stars again, the sad smile still evident on his face.

You approached him, fluttering over the grass towards the boy. You hands set themselves on his shoulders, grounding him back to reality.

“What happened? If you don’t mind me asking, of course.” He shook his head and took your hand.

“Well, most people don’t know this, but…” He gazed over you for a moment, and a ghost of a smile appeared on his lips. “I feel like I can trust you, YN. I don’t know why, I don’t know how, I just… know. So, I can tell you… right?” You nodded instantly. He smiled at your young childish behavior.

“Tell me. Please, Whitney,” you begged.

“Okay, okay, okay!” He started his tale, his eyes magnetized to your own. “I’m not actually the eldest child in my family like everyone thinks. I had three older siblings. Anna, Bear, and Carlos.” You took his hands in your own, making his lavender eyes flutter your your (s/c) hands holding tightly to his.

“What happened to them?” He released a dry, pained laugh before looking back to you with the same sad look in his eyes.

“They died in a fire.”

*****
Holy shit, Whitney....

If you couldn't tell, I like 'reacting' to my chapters like I'm a reader because..... fuck it. Why not? I don't need a reason! Have a nice day! Remember to vote and comment!