Chapter Twenty

🌕

Today September 26, 2014, Bitten reached #61 in the Vampire category. :)

In life, you have a lot of moments when you know you're screwed.

That you're in so much trouble you make yourself physically sick.

This would be that moment for me at least.

"What do we have here? A female." The male voice is harsh and low, "why are you spying on us?"

Anger is evident in his harsh voice making me swallow the venom that has suddenly filled my mouth.

The pain on the side of my head is pulsating but I turn my head quickly and his eyes are covered by the shadow of his hood but there are two emanating red orbs shining back at me.

The sound of cloaks rustling through the air whistles in my ear and two sets of footsteps fall a bit behind them.

Great now they all know that I am here as well.

"I — " there is no good response I can come up with, "I just ran here."

It's the truth and my body goes rigid waiting for him to say that I am lying or another hit to come my way.

"Did one of these two men turn you?" He asks.

He doesn't give me a chance to answer, as his hand reaches out and grabs ahold of my shoulder lifting me up off the ground with just one hand as if I were a small puppy.

"Which of you two fine gentlemen turned this girl?"

My feet dangle in the air as he shows me off like a prize to all the men before me. My eyes go to Wes and he is staring at me with terror written on his face.

"I turned her," Wes speaks up.

"Interesting," the man voice turns smooth like a melody, "I can sense something different about her — "

He softly puts me down both my feet touch the ground.

I take a breath a relief, "she is a newborn isn't she."

"Yes, she is. She isn't the same as you said she isn't in a bloodlust like the rest of us." Vincent says coming closer to us.

Wes stands behind him tense as if not sure what to do. He was not ready for me to be here and now I am in the grasp of a man that can do god knows what to me.

"From the way you ran after me when I came after her, I assumed she is one of you two's partners, yours." He points to Wes.

"Hell no," I push my shoulder away from the man in the hood and turn to face his anger, my emotions overtaking me. "I am no one's partner."

"You have his scent all over you," he takes a step closer to me and I fight the urge to punch him.

"Well, that's between me and him," I snap at him.

"And me since I was there as well," Vincent has to put in his two cents as well.

"I swear, say another word and I will rip your head off," I seethe at him.

Wes eyes go wide and he shakes his head, "that is an empty threat. She has a huge dislike towards my friend here."

"More like hatred," I emphasize.

"She is emotional like a newborn," the man says and I turn to face him.

"Am I now? How am I supposed to be when my world was turned upside down out of nowhere and now I have to accept what I am?"