Chapter Sixteen

🌕

Have you ever been so thirsty that even as you drink water it does not travel fast enough down your throat?

That is how I feel at the moment.

Blood gushes out of the sides of my lips as I gulp down.

Removing my lips from the man's neck my eyes roll back and I inhale deeply.

It feels as if this is the first meal I have ever really had.

My body comes alive as the liquid takes its course and my mind goes into a trance not aware of anything except for the true elixir of life, blood. Letting go of my meal I step back.

"You keep on surprising me at every turn," Wes is next to me holding on to the man's limp body but his heart is still beating in my ears.

He's alive and breathing something so small registers in my mind and my greatest fear subsides.

"Am I supposed to feel like this?"

My body feels light and my eyes heavy, pressing my back against the wall to keep me up as my feet feel numb.

"What?"

Wes bites the man in the same spot as I did and I observe as he licks that puncture wounds and then hisses.

"Damn it!"

Wes drops the man next to the woman he fed on. His meal is alive as well but that is just because he has had more practice. He told me about the first time he fed and the mental pictures that danced in my mind were not pretty, that was one of the reasons why didn't want to feed on humans.

They're both are alive and look like they had too much to drink, just like the way I am feeling at the moment.

"I need to get you home now!"

Wes wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me close to him.

"Why?" My voice comes out high pitched and whiney.

"Abigail, didn't you smell him? That man is drugged out of his mind." He hisses in my ear and that's when the room starts spinning.

"No way," a gasp escapes me and I can't stop the giggle that follows.

"Abigail this is serious, now move your legs!"

My legs start to feel like gelatin and the wind brushing past my face as the room moves in a blur.

"Fuck," then just as sudden as the room starts moving it all stops.

I am press against Wes' chest and he is looking down at me with his dark eyes. Not sure if it's my weirdness at the moment getting the best of me but a scream erupts and Wes' lips are at my ear.

"You're attracting a lot of attention."

The irritation in his voice is loud and clear and at the moment I could care less.

"So?"

"Abigail, get yourself together," he hisses and pulls me up straight.

Wes practically carries me out of the club. The fresh air makes me take in a sudden deep breath. Everything comes into my sight clearer than before and I turn to Wes.

"What was that?"

"What?"

"I feel the same as when I first arrived!" His eyes furrow together.

"I don't know Abigail you're not like anyone else I know." His arms release me as I am now balanced and standing on my own feet.

 "Wes," the voice comes from behind me and I don't have to turn around to know who it is.