Watari is a savage old man.

Start from the beginning

YEAH CAUSE THAT'S SO REALLY VERY EASY PEASY RIGHT ABOUT NOW.

I close my eyes sadly and say nothing.

"Pleeeease?" L pleads.

I can feel him tilt his head.

"You shouldn't worry about me," I breathe out, suddenly feeling adamant that he should return his attention to what's going on.

"Why, shouldn't I worry about you?" L persists stubbornly.

"Because there are other things going on right now that are more important..." I open my eyes to him smiling.

"I think it's fine... Light can handle it," L decides immediately. "Right, Light?" he calls over.

"Um, sure Ryuzaki..." Light mutters over his intense surveillance of Higuchi driving and talking to 'himself'.

My eyes betray my relief, and I breathe slowly into L's shirt as I hug him tightly. "Just what would I do without you..." I murmur to myself.

"Terrible things..." says L, faking extreme concern, "but in all honesty, I'll be worse of without you."

"You have Watari," I proclaim.

"I can't kiss Watari."

"You could!"

"No thanks."

"But... aren't I annoying?"

"Oh, you're very annoying," L agrees with a roll of his eyes, "but I love everything about you, even if you drive me to insanity with your annoyingness."

"Oh... ok, but your already mental," I jibe.

"I take it that's not a problem?"

"No, you could be as insane as Mello and I'd still love you," I admit with a smirk.

"That... is extremely unnerving," L remarks, "but thank you nonetheless." He kisses my forehead.

We cuddle for a few short minutes before I breathe out and declare; "Let's catch Kira."

"Right!"

"So?" We both make our way over to Light.

"This is bad, he made some sort of 'deal' with the 'Rem' person and now seems only to require a face to kill someone!" Light says, visibly in a panic.

A bead of sweat rolls down his forehead.

L's eyes widen, and in an instant, he's fully engaged. "Are there any other details you picked up Light?"

"He put his hand in his bag, and approximately half a second later the traffic cop that pulled him over was dead, it's possible that-"

L interjects, "Everyone!" he yells, contacting all of our units at once. "It's too dangerous to allow further action by Higuchi, let's bring him in! I believe he has the same powers as the second Kira, he is able to kill, just by looking at someone's face. Please keep this in mind when you move in to arrest him."

"Nice work," I compliment, smiling faintly as I placed a hand on L's shoulder, "that barely took you a moment and you were in control of the situation again."

"Well, I am L, after all."

"Watari," he addressees, barely a second later, "connect me to the director of the NPA."

L speaks once the call is live, "This is L, we are now aware of Kira's true identity. He is now heading from Hibiya to Shibuya along highway route one, in a red sports car," he briefs. "Our group will be handling the arrest. In the meantime ensure that no police officers approach this car."