Vault of Truth

4 centuries ago...

Xylar looked at himself, inside of a Precursor Goblin, standing in an unknown place. Where am I? Why am I here? The skies were normal, but held a faint touch of acid in its blue hues. The mountains looked like they had taken a beating over the years, and yet they still stood. Among the landscape stood many buildings of inferior designs. The Goblin realized where he was: Venus. Too long have these humans wasted away on 'preserving the land'. What this planet needs is a rebirth! Xylar raised his arms, and shouted in his own tongue, "To the metal that resides inside this planet, rise up! Build a Vault to render Time asunder, a Citadel to house my kin, and two Hezen armies to protect these sites and carry out my will!"

Underneath, the metal groaned as it rose, filling a large cavity in the caves, creating the two sites to satisfy Xylar. The Hezen armies later appeared in front of the Vex Overlord, as he explained his plans to invade Mercury. Now, let's see if we can put humanity back into the ground.
-----------------------------------
Leviathan led the team down the middle spoke of the Templar's Well, leading into a network of caves known as The Gorgons' Labyrinth. Vex Gorgons were similar to their Harpy frames, except they could erase your existence with just a stare. As they carefully walked through the Labyrinth, Shin pulled Max to the side and asked, "Why are you doing this? Why are you curious?"

Max answered, "Because I want to see why the Vex think of me as dark."

"But you aren't!" Shin protested, "You fight the Darkness! You fought with me in the Chamber of Night and the Black Garden. Even right now, we're fighting side by side in the Vault of Glass. You are bright, Max. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise."

Cass approached them in Leviathan's daze and asked, "What are you doing? We should be moving!"

Jess surprised Cass by removing and crushing the crystal from her back. Cass's eyes reversed from green to brown, and she took a quick look at her surroundings. Jess filled her in, "We're in the Vault of Glass, don't be alarmed, we need to play the part of Leviathan's minions until we can get Kaden released.

Cass nodded, "Ok, let's go!" Her words were demanding, almost similar to what she said under the spell, enough to convince the Dredgen Bane that she was still under.

As they left the Labyrinth and approached the inner sanctum of the Vault, Leviathan warned Max, "If you screw up again, you're dead and mine to command."

Max gulped, then followed him down a spiral of floating stone platforms appearing and disappearing in and out of their timeline. Kaden was last, watching the three ladies in the Fireteam in front of him. As soon as they reached the bottom, a door opened in front of them, leading into a metal hallway, ended by another door which led to the inner sanctum, the real Vault of Glass. Opening the final door, the team looked inside to find that the entire room was made of glass, from the bridges and the platforms to the decor and the two Vex Gates on the left and right sides facing the entrance.

As Max entered, he heard a different voice say, "Welcome, Max Prodigy, son of Felix Prodigy. I see that you want to reclaim your past."

"What do you know of me?"

"Your history, your life, and your fate. It is my job to see and record all things in the Universe's Time."

"Then what do you know of the Black Garden? Why did Crota take control of it?"

An image flashed in the glass below them, "Crota was banished by his father, stripped of his immortality from Oryx's Court, and locked away in our Gate System. He sought the help of the Undying Mind, and in so doing, they created the Black Garden and Crota's own Throne World."